mickey mouse walt disney 1935

In Pocket Watches > Show & Tell and Animals > Mickey Mouse > Show & Tell.
Pocket Watches375 of 1053verichron mickey mouse battery operatedNew England Watch Co. of Waterbury, CT???what model????

geo26egeo26e loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.

mickey133

Kerry.. here is that watch. I dont know anything about it. Just wondered if you did?

I got it off ebay. The movement only says "made in u.s.a." and i cant find any other markings. The face says "Mickey Mouse Walt Disney 1935"

Comments

1. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Well Lynn, I have to say, I'm 99.9% sure it to be a fantasy piece, there is a possibility that if was made for Disney as a collectors edition, but never seen any reference to it. It's a later model movement, around 1970-80, with nothing as to the copy right shown on the dial, it's likely a fake (I strongly believe ), definitely not any thing from the 1930's, and not a Al Horen creation. Still pretty neat Mickey, you've got one on me now, lol, Because I don't have this one.
  2. mickey133 mickey133, 2 years ago
    Yea im knew better then to believe the 1935... but i didnt know anything else. It has no brand on it and that confused me. Thanks for the input tho.
  3. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    The movement is a late model Bradley, I'll post a 1974 model Mickey with the back open,so you can see what I'm talking about.
  4. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Lynn, I've just posted it, if you want to compare the photos.
    Kerry
  5. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    It looks great in your collection, some fantasy pieces, later in years, gather a following to collectors. I mention Al Horen earlier, an artist that took and made several variants of a Mickey Pocket watches, they are very collectable, and price is not friendly. I would agree with you that it will and should remain in your collection, just now you have a better insight to what you've got.
  6. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    And the one I thought you were refering to earlier, the gold hunter cased with Mickey standing on the cover. could you post it , just to see if I called it right, lol
  7. mickey133 mickey133, 2 years ago
    I just posted it Kerry...