Vintage chopper pedal-trike ride-on toy AMF-Junior Hot Seat

In Outdoor Sports > Bicycles > Show & Tell and Model Cars > Pedal Cars > Show & Tell.
Bicycles127 of 7871973 Schwinn Varsity 10-speedNewly Acquired Child's bike

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
LeftyizmeLeftyizme loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
MattyGMattyG loves this.
beachbombbeachbomb loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

NicksCrust…

When I saw this little gem at the local flea-market this spring, I had to bring it home! It just screams 60's-70's chopper! Back in the day, if you didn't have one of the old plastic "Big-Wheels" pedal trikes yourself, you probably knew a kid somewhere that did. But this little AMF-Junior Hot-Seat trike would have been less common. I'd never seen one of these back then. It's crusty & sweaty, but fully functional and it was way too cool to leave it behind at the market, so.......in my work-shop it ended up!

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    It-is-AWESOME!!!!!
  2. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 1 year ago
    Thank you Amber!

Some lucky little "easy-rider" must have had a ton of fun with back in the day!
  3. Leftyizme, 1 year ago
    I was one of the "lucky easy riders" who owned one of these as a kid. My parents bought it for me for my 5th B'day (circa Jan. 1974), and I rode it EVERYWHERE!! We lived in a huge trailer park at the time, and I rode it all over the place. I've looked for years for one, but all the ones I've found are restored and way out of my budget. If you'd like to sell it to somebody who would restore it, and then cherish it forever (it would never, ever be sold), I would be interested.
    Mine was red, with a red flamed tank and flames on the rear fenders (decals). They also made an Evil Knevil version... which turns up every now & then.
  4. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 1 year ago
    Hi Leftyizme,
    Thanks for the comment! Sounds like you had a ton of fun with yours. Sorry to say that I had sold this one a couple weeks before I posted it on here. I don't try to sell on here, just post & share. I'd love to see one of these in that Evel Knievel version!
  5. Leftyizme, 12 months ago

The listing has ended, it sold for $555 But if you scroll down the page, there are a great set of pictures...
    This one would have been WAY out of my price range!! But it was in excellent condition, and would have made anyone a fine addition to their collection.
  6. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 12 months ago
    Wow! That little Knievel trike is the coolest!
    Thanks for the link info to the pics!
  7. towstud towstud, 9 months ago
    My pic is me on mine im looking for one to buy for my son tons of memories on mine if you ever come across another or have info you can give on who bought this one from you please let me know thx great find
  8. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 9 months ago
    Cool pic! Not sure if I'll find another, but you never know.
    Thanks for the comment!
  9. clambert73 clambert73, 9 months ago
    Loved the one I had back the. Would love to have another one.
  10. clambert73 clambert73, 9 months ago
    ts on just popped up on ebay
  11. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 9 months ago