In the age of Internet, why did we decide to name a website The Collectors Weekly? I could come up with some fancy reason, but the truth is – it was available. And it also sort of fits. My collecting bug seems to surface once a week, from Friday to Monday. That’s when I have time to search eBay, go to shows, research stuff I’ve bought, and get all excited about a new find. I’m also an old newspaper guy, so I liked the newspaper-style name. And we do plan to offer weekly content such as guest columns and news in the near future. What would you like to see on The Collectors Weekly? Leave a comment below and let us know…. thanks!
- Darling, Can You Spare a Dime? How Victorians Fell in Love With Pocket Change
- What's the Reno Cure for Valentines Gone Wrong? D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
- Hawaiian Style: The Roots of the Aloha Shirt
- The Art of "Star Wars": The Force Behind the Most Iconic Image in the Cinematic Universe
- The Ericofon: When the Telephone Was Mid-Century Mod
Top Articles on CW
- Meet the Swedish Artist Who Hooked British Rock Royalty on Her Revolutionary Crochet
- Down the Rabbit Hole: How One Collector Discovered a World of Cast-Iron Doorstops
- Selling New Zealand: The Railroad Posters That Made a Nation Want To See Their World
- Almost Famous: The Untold Story of an Artist's Rock-Poster Roots
- Sad Iron Man: A Maine Geologist Wants You To Know How We Used to Press Our Clothes
- When Jagger and Jimi, Pink Floyd and The Cream, Rocked the Rafters at Ricky-Tick
- Falling in Love Again with the Haunting Sounds of Interwar Polish Tango
- Lost and Found: Mudlarking the Thames for Relics of Long-Ago Londoners
- What Happens to Baseball Heroes After They're on Topps?
- Guac 'n' Roll: How a Recycled College Menu Design Became a Classic Led Zeppelin Poster