Posted 7 years ago
This pendant is made in the 19th century and is a work of Vidin goldsmith workshops. These artists create in the style of Chiprovtsi goldsmith school. This school has its origins in the 12th century and its tradition continued until 1947 when the communist regime nationalized everything. This goldsmith school is one of the best in Southeast Europe but unfortunately its traditions already failed!