Posted 10 months ago
I would like some information on this kerosene lamp. It appears to have never been used s there are no burn marks on the inside of the burner
It is pictured hanging in a wall. It is painted with aluminum paint which is rubbed off some areas.
The chimney is held in place by a setscrew. not by long clamps and is made so that the chimney and burner hinges to the side. The large base makes it very stable when sitting on a flat surface
The wick is interesting. It reads.#5 ..Super asbestos Safety Wick. Lasts about 5 years. 25 cents. Manufactured by the fireproof Safety Wick Works Chicago U.S.A. length is 8 inches, never burned
Because it is asbestos I have wrapped it plastic so as not to contaminate when handled