Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Unknown to from Grandpa's garage

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware1045 of 7296Everything buriedPlatform Scale Question
Love it
Like it

CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 year ago

    (4 items)

    From grandfather's garage. I have no clue. 31 1/2". All wood but top screw and point. Ends loosen and slide and then you can tighten them.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. antiquerose antiquerose, 1 year ago
      no idea ....But ~ Welcome ~
    2. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      It would be called a "beam compass", used to scribe circles/curves onto a surface. Guessing your Grandfather was a woodworker?
    3. UncleRon UncleRon, 1 year ago
      And the two sliding pieces with the points in them are called Trammel Points.
    4. Onedtent, 1 year ago
      Trammel or beam compass
    5. Cynsplace Cynsplace, 1 year ago
      Thank you all for the info. I inherited a lot of items that are not familiar to me. This site is wonderful!

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.