Vintage Plaster Asian Dancers

In Figurines > Show & Tell.
Figurines1174 of 1647Another Frog PlanterArt Pottery Cat Figure USA - Human nose? Rare?

inkyinky loves this.
RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Artistinside

These came to me long ago, and were stored for years.
I did not remember them being broke (female leg glued) (male foot broke, connected still with internal wire). I know the wire is part of the construction of these plaster pieces. The copyright says 1950 (CP) I think.

Dimensions: Both are 8" high, Woman is 8" wide toe to toe, Man is 5" toe to toe. Each are about 3" side to side.

Can anyone who is familiar with these tell me who made them.
Regards, Kirk

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Remind me a bit of my guy...
  2. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Dr. Fluffy, I do see the resemblance. Your table bases are extraordinary...
  3. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Everyone, I just added dimensions.
  4. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Phil, thanks for the wealth of info. Question, so are you indicating that the copyright mark of 1950, does not really indicate when these were made. I will try to enhance the image of the copyright, maybe that can help to identify, or am I being too hopeful. Additionally, I remember seeing a pair of these on an auction house site some years ago, and they were quite valuable, does that make sense, or am I still dreaming.
    Thanks again, Kirk
  5. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Phil,
    Thanks a million for all your incredible information. I will continue my pursuit of identifying these figurines with the use of your info. I will enlarge the copyright image, I too am a graphic designer by trade.
    Lastly, have you ever seen a pair like these before. I cannot remember where I saw them before. Again, many thanks, Kirk
  6. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Phil,
    I confirmed the initials on the piece. The do read "CP"
  7. inky inky, 1 year ago
    These are wonderful!...:-)
  8. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Inky, tanks, :-)
  9. inky inky, 1 year ago
    I just love them..there seems to be so much expression!....:-)
  10. Artistinside Artistinside, 1 year ago
    Inky, I agree, they sit on my desk, and they seem like they are going to get up and move. I remember as a child seeing them, and sometime later but cannot remember where. I believe they are rare treasures...

p.s., I just when through your glass collection, it is awe inspiring.
  11. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Thank you!.... that's very kind of you to say!...:-)