Fraternity/Sorority Pin

In Medals Pins and Badges > Fraternal Pins > Show & Tell.
Fraternal Pins3 of 22Dated Masonic Pin ~ Alaska/Yukon Expo?1970's - Moose Lodge Lapel Pin

geo26egeo26e loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
jjsrjjsr loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
rhinomanrhinoman loves this.

Posted 6 months ago

upstatenyc…

I picked this very small (1 1/8") pin up today The letters, in order on the pin are Eta Phi Gamma. The pin is marked Sterling, and I can find no other marks on it. I have not been able to find any mention of that organization. Am I possibly reading it in the wrong order? (it's all Greek to me :-)) Do any of the CW experts have any ideas? Thanks for looking!

Comments

1. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 6 months ago
    Must have been wonderful in its pursuit to be excellent in all areas. The pin is beautiful and must have been worn with pride.
  2. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 6 months ago
    Phil, I don't know what the symbols mean. I imagine the owl means academics, but what do the rest of them mean?
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 6 months ago
    The crest seems to be someones own design. The owl is usually associated with learning. I love it when they are on a bookcase.

4. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 5 months ago
    Thanks, Phil, and thanks for the loves, everyone!
  5. toracat toracat, 4 months ago
    WOW! I love a mystery! and this is quite a good one!! beautiful!!!
  6. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 4 months ago
    Thanks toracat, and thanks for all the loves from everyone!