Home built Harley

In Motorcycles > Harley-Davidson Motorcycles > Show & Tell.
Harley-Davidson Motorcycles72 of 143Harley-Davidson Motorcycle PickMY HARLEY CAP

blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Hems303Hems303 loves this.
jackartjackart loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
crabbykinscrabbykins loves this.
byrdbyrd loves this.
BikensteinBikenstein loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
Pop_abidesPop_abides loves this.
JUDDANTIQUESMCsJUDDANTIQUESMCs loves this.
VontrikeVontrike loves this.

RonM

I purchased this bike in four boxes and three tupperwares full of parts.It took a year to assemble and debug.Once I backed it up to the open door of the local tap room and reved the motor up. Everyone ran out the back door.

Comments

1. JUDDANTIQUESMCs JUDDANTIQUESMCs, 3 years ago
    Nice nuttin` like a home built Shovel!
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    Love the Shovel !!
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Love it ! For people like me that love bikes and don't know much about them . Can you tell me what kind it is and year ? My son built a Harley from pieces so I know it takes a ton of work ! Great job !
  4. RonM RonM, 3 years ago
    Thank you everyone,the bike started as a 1974 FXE. Stock from the factory they are about as slow as an old station wagon. This one had motor work and probably produced about 65 HP>New sport bikes have over twice the horsepower.
  5. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    Good job. I once rode my Triumph into a bar in Tampa and revved it up with straight pipes. Nobody left, but the bar maid got a little angry with me. And as a matter of fact, that Triumph came in boxes, too. I enjoyed building it, but it was a lot easier than that old shovelhead.
  6. byrd, 3 years ago
    Nice shovel, is the front end raked? How much if any. Looks good.
  7. RonM RonM, 3 years ago
    Thanks for your comments,Bikenstien & Byrd. My friend had the front end raked to 36 degrees I believe,he wanted a long front end,but I wanted the bike low.He lost interest in the project and sold it to me.
  8. twlmann twlmann, 3 years ago
    Nice looking ride. I have one of the last Shovels made and though it was not in a box, I am putting in a ton of work to restore it.
  9. RonM RonM, 3 years ago
    Thank you twlmann, good lck with your build.
  10. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Nice one Ron! I bet she sounds oh! so sweet! You lucky, lucky man! This brings back memories..........I can remember in the mid 70's when these started to "trickle" into the UK....bikers were nearly killing to get hold of one. Only one guy in Poole (Dorset) called "Jonah" (looked like General Custer) got one, and he was still strutting around after 10 months! No-one else could get one (or AFFORD one!)

Steve
  11. RonM RonM, 2 years ago
    Thanks Hems and everyone else.I sold this bike ten years ago and am considering buying it back to park in my man cave.