No. 4. D.D. Home Medical Apparatus

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware2069 of 2960Burgess Vibro Tool De luxeStar Electric Vibrator

musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
eccentric1eccentric1 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.

jamiedpt

This was a popular electrical "quack" device back in the early 1900s. I have a few of this model, but the one in these photos was the very first electromedical antique I ever purchased. I recall that I was drawn to the old oak box just liking the way the box looked then found this gem inside the box. Perfect collectable for me as a Physical Therapist as we use electrical stimulation on a regular basis. This device originally ran on a dry cell battery stored in the bottom of the box. This particular one is missing the large metal foot plate that would have originally come with it. All of the other electrodes and sponges and wires are here. Hope you like it

Comments

1. jamiedpt jamiedpt, 3 years ago
    thanks scottscuff
  2. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Another very nice item!!!
  3. jamiedpt jamiedpt, 3 years ago
    thanks packrat
  4. jamiedpt jamiedpt, 3 years ago
    thanks ttomtucker, officialfuel, and van
  5. bethrivera, 2 years ago
    Hi. I'm from México. Today I found a apparatus like yours. It not have wires, but all the anothers electrods and sponges and a methalic plate, but it is free of the box and we don't know where it go. You can't belive The box cost to me 25 mexican pesos (aproximately 2.00 dls.) the man in the flea market don't have idea that was. You know where the methalic plate go? Saludos de México. Beth.
  6. jamiedpt jamiedpt, 2 years ago
    the plate works as one of the electrodes and would have a clip of some sort for the wires to connect to it. The plate was generally used for treatment of the foot by placing the foot down onto the plate I believe. I have a few of the units with the plate but this one was missing it
  7. bethrivera, 2 years ago
    Thanks for your answer, yes, the plate have an "pivot" or something like that, I guess this machine is very rare in México. I was looking for information in spanish but I don't found nothing about. Thanks and regards.
  8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    AR says this, or another, was posted awhile back & you can find it in past posts.