IS IT JUST PLAY MONEY

In US Paper Money > Confederate Money > Show & Tell.
Confederate Money30 of 30civil war bank bondConfederate States of America - Novelty Note

ThriftyGypsyThriftyGypsy likes this.
collectorsvillecollectorsville likes this.

jennifersm…
(1 item)

I WANT TO KNOW IF THE MONEY I HAVE IS REAL OR IF IT IS JUST PLAY MONEY NOT WORTH ANYTHING.

Comments

1. Lonny, 4 years ago
    what you have there my friend is some very rare Confederate bank notes. I have seen bills like these go for as much as 800 us dollars and as low as 100 but hold on to them they will only increase in value because of the history to them now had the confederate army won the war we would be a much different country...
  2. FortDonelsonRelics, 4 years ago
    It is hard to tell on a couple of them, but if the serial numbers are written and you can tell that its ink - and the signatures are written and not printed on the paper, then most likely they are real. These notes are fairly common in the Confederate currency collector's market. You can buy these in the condition above for anywhere betwee 25 - $75.00 each.
  3. Rrobert Geiswite, 4 years ago
    I have one of these Confederate One Dollar Bills and would be willing to sell it at the wright price , it is in very good condition .
    I dont no wear to start to sell it can someone help.
    Robert Geiswite Jr.
  4. benjclark benjclark, 4 years ago
    There's something off on the printing. Also the signatures would be handwritten, inks would be different than the ink used in printing. Printing quality and colors say old fakes to me. The background, overall colors would vary wildly compared to what I see here. Too uniform, makes it look like they were all printed together. I have a set printed in the 1950s I use in some education programs and on the back printed very, very small it says FACSIMILE. Check the backs.
  5. jsw14 jsw14, 4 years ago
    1.Lonny, 27 days ago

jennifersmalley,
    Beleave him, I just looked them up in a oringial 1958 book!! They are worth $$$$......

6. Jack, 4 years ago
    I have the same exact $20 dollar bill. I bought it at a local theme park about thirty years ago. They are old, but they are not genuine confederate notes.
  7. heidi sanborn, 4 years ago
    we have the confederate dollars with facsimile on the back (so they're fake) but i was wondering when were they made? what are/were they used for? are they just for kids play money? should i worry about perserving them? are they worth anything? thanks
  8. Kevin, 4 years ago
    They are sold as novelty items for those that can't collect the real items. The Smithsonian sold a packet of these for 2.00 in the 90s. They are not as good of fakes as yours are.
  9. DONNA, 3 years ago
    How or where do you go to find out about this kind of money?
  10. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    If you have some Confederate currency, post it here and someone will respond.

Otherwise-- there are several books out there, web sites, and dealers that you can contact.
  11. nascaronmain.com, 3 years ago
    I would say they are fake. When I was in school in the mid 50's I lived in NC and we took a trip to Raleigh they sold packs of them for $1.00. Just guess how many has been sold. I don't know if they still sell them now or not. Just my opinion
  12. Deanteaks Deanteaks, 3 years ago
    I have real ones posted :)
  13. roadside, 3 years ago
    You can find some of the fake ones at the forts and parks in the south for a $1.00 to this day. I agree with AR8Jason. You can spot the fake ones at a glance by the color of the ink. You won't find a real one hand signed in black. I have found them to be brown or reddish brown.
  14. leta palmore, 3 years ago
    I have a 20.00 confederate states america.. signed M Black and a something
    Bager..in black ink, with a # 46410 .. real or not?
  15. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    Sign in and post it and you will get a fast answer.