24 inch Huffy Mainliner.

In Outdoor Sports > Bicycles > Show & Tell.
Bicycles170 of 762I just picked this tricycle, what do you think ?is this an original or reproduction

Braveheart1954Braveheart1954 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
sugargirlsugargirl loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Vontrike

Here's a little 24 inch Huffy Mainliner that I picked up off a friend. He had gotten it at a sale and gave me a really good price on it. I still need to find a headlight as the one on it was cut off leaving the light assembly attached to the fender. It looks as if it should clean up well, and after I find a few other parts will make a nice bike.

Comments

1. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks much officialfuel, toolate2, and Manikin.
  2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    You posed it in front of the coach so you must be fishing for comments on the coach. I'll bite!
  3. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    I was talking on a post to AR8Jason, and I mentioned about the hearse that I had been building, but that I would not post it due to it not being real. It was built from an old Amish wagon, so I said that on my next post, it would be in the back ground. Just a Halloween prop. And thanks sugargirl, mustangtony, and blunderbuss2.
  4. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks BELLIN68, and kerry10456. Been kinda slow finding bikes lately, but I have some leads to feed my addiction.
  5. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks spiritinthesky3.
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    That is a very nice bike, really shows well !~Phil.
  7. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks everyone for the love. Oldsmobile's are better for sure, but not finding it.
  8. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    Vontrike, here's the link, nothing special :-)
  9. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    OK, I did see it and loved it. Still do. Though, it would look better in my garage.
  10. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    Might look pretty good parked along side all your treasures, but the grandchildren would be greatly disappointed in me, LOL
  11. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks chrissylovescats, sanhardin, mtg75, and everyone else for the love.
  12. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Thanks ttomtucker .
  13. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I want to see the bloody hearse! Say you found it in a barn. Don't you know when to lie? If you rebuilt the wheels, I want to hear about it. They were a "B" with my cannon & I had advise from really ancient wheelwrights. I learned a lot and curious as to how much you absorbed as it is a technical/art job, but I enjoyed it.
  14. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 year ago
    Blunderbuss,around here in dumb old america , amish build these wheels daily ,I can drive 20 minutes and buy any part of that wheel or the whole thing.Just my 2 cents.
  15. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    lucky you. Re-manufacturing my cannon wheels was quite a job but fun watching & learning part of the art. Would never have believed that there was so much technology involved.
  16. Vontrike Vontrike, 1 year ago
    Yea, a nice used wheel for a Amish buggy goes for 45 bucks here, but I watched a few videos of wheel building and it is very interesting. Your cannon wheels are not so common, and a lot more heavy duty I bet.
  17. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago