Charming vermeil Biedermeier necklace and earrings

In Fine Jewelry > Georgian Period Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Georgian Period Jewelry49 of 80Biedermeier  gold enameled pendantTHE BEAUTY OF ANTIQUE DIAMOND JEWELS

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.

Agram.m

Some years ago I bought on a flee market this charming demi parure (necklace and earrings). I hardly paid nothing for this set. Made of vermeil (gold over silver marked 835, see photo) probably made in Germany during the so called Biedermeier period.
(Biedermeier (1790 to 1848) .During this period, wearing of jewelry was reserved for nobles and upper classes. Floral motives, tendril shapes and ribbons were particularly popular. Diamonds became ever more cherished in this time. Thus, even buttons and buckles were set with these precious stones. Along with the French Revolution, the supremacy of the aristocracy came to an end. The bourgeois demonstrated their new position by wearing jewelry. Biedermeier jewelry did not have its own style per se. Rather, Romantic and other style nuances from past epochs were copied.Biedermeier was an influential style of furniture design from Germany during the years 1815-1848, based on utilitarian principles.)
The set is nice enameled with blue and white enamel flowers with a heart of a little white bead. Is there somebody who can tell more about this set?

Comments

1. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    nice demi parure -- appreciate the information -- very interesting agram
  2. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Epson233 thanks for loving and your comment.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    mustangtony again thanks for loving.
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    miKKoChristmas11 thanks for your interest and loving.
  5. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Wow! You've really got great taste Agram, and let me tell you, I never say that to ANYONE

I think I had something like this one time, it was enamel on some unusual silver alloy like this. Absolutely incredible set!
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    What a nice compliment Stillwater, thanks! Where is your set??
  7. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    I sold it years ago, it was a necklace and it had vaguely the same feel as this one, plus it was vermeil 835 silver. I thought it was either Danish or German because of the 835 alloy, now I know it was German. Always happy to learn about new jewelry!
  8. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    MrsAR8Jason thanks for loving
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    When I published this set on CW I though it was gold plated. Now, I've learned in the meantime it's vermeil. Still a charming set!