Vintage Max Factor "Pocket Watch" Compact

In Accessories > Compacts > Show & Tell.
Compacts29 of 62Musical compact, what can you tell me?Vintage Du Barry Richard Hudnut gold tone oblong necklace compact

DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Agram.m

This fabulous vintage Max Factor "Pocket Watch" style compact depicts on two sites a naked woman and child. It is an antiqued gold tone metal finish. Heavy, the compact is shaped like a pocket watch and shows a picture that resembles an old/antique drawing in a circle around the front. Inside, a small powder puff is marked MF and there is a light toned powder intact and used inside along with a mirror.
The compact measures about 2" in diameter with an extra 1/2" for the stem. This compact is in good used condition.
Who has an idea of the period it could be?

Comments

1. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Mustangtony and BELLIN68 thanks for loving.
  2. aidyl818, 10 months ago
    I found the same exact.one at an antique shop in Okeechobee Florida, I purchased it for $25. Similar ones I have found online seem to go anywhere from $40 - $80. The time periods are from the 40s - 60s. I hope this information helps. If you learn anymore about this piece please contact me.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    Aidyl1818 thanks a lot for your info, it give me more information also about the axtual " value". Of course i will inform you if i get more information.
  4. KLoEditor, 8 months ago
    Your item is a Max Factor powder compact from the early 70s, selling at the time for about 4.oo retail. They were made in a series of five, the one you have is called Aphrodite.
  5. Agram.m Agram.m, 8 months ago
    KLoEditor thanks you very much for your comment, At least I know now that year and so on. Have you any idea what such item is worth nowadays?