Dilemma: Lost stone

In Costume Jewelry > Boucher Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Boucher Costume Jewelry4 of 10Vintage EarWrap EarringsM. Boucher peacock brooch

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

I found this set for a few dollars and decided to get it, even though the pin is missing one of the green stones. The pin is marked M. Boucher, with a number dating back to the 1950's. The earrings have a different, later number. I figured, I will use one of the stones from the earrings to replace the missing one in the pin. However, when I took a second look, I liked the pieces too much. The picture is really bad. If you could see the brilliance and quality of the actual set, you would want to keep intact as well.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find a replacement for the green stone?

Thanks so much for looking.

Comments

1. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks musikchoo and mustangtony :)
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I have many rhinestone pieces not in perfect condition but I had to have them. This baguette shape is not easy to "find out there". When you're out hunting - it's a good idea to buy bags of loose rhinestones. I kick myself because I didn't buy a shoebox of loose cabs, rhinestones and other stuff (1/4" deep - not a FULL shoebox) recently. Have you tried to contact Boucher? Or, look on the internet - you might find someone out there w/a pin like yours in same condition - who knows? This is very nice - especially for a few dollars. When you find the stone be sure you use a good quality glue - so there isn't clouding and change in color.
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much for your tips. I just started to collect about a year ago and I really enjoy the designs of costume jewelry - but sometimes get carried away. I'll try Boucher first. Once again, thanks a million
  4. davyd286, 1 year ago
    Check out this website: http://www.mrstones.com
    They do replacements, too.
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much, davyd286! I'll check it out right now.
  6. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Hello again, davyd286: I just checked the website and think that my problem can be solved! It never crossed my mind that this service would be available.
    Thank you so much!
  7. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks, Agram.m :)
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    What a great website - thanks davyd286 for giving us this source.