Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Need to identify this tool

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Belltown's loves606 of 1093Bear Photo Special Box CameraHOUGOMONT (sic) (WATERLOO)
Love it
Like it

BelltownBelltown loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
See 4 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 5 years ago

    (1 item)

    Does anyone know what this is?
    Wood 2 arms 63cm I arm 57cm the wood is 1cm thick and 5cm wide.
    Held together by a substantial rivet allowing the blades to swing open. It was found in a basement in a house in East Belgium.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 years ago
      Isn't a tool for for architect making?? I have seem something like this before, but can't remember

      So still a ????
    2. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 5 years ago
      It is an angle divider although I never saw one this big. Perhaps it was a training aid used in a classroom. They have many uses from surveying to shooting an azimuth to laying out construction plans on paper to simply bisecting an angle. I have a more modern design I use for cutting crown molding to a cathedral style ceiling where you encounter multiple angles to join.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.