Posted 5 years ago
Here is another steel bank from my collections, Promotional Advertizing Steel Bank from Trenton New-Jersey of "The trenton Trust & Safe deposit Company, 26 & 28 West State Street, serial 3860.Immaculate condition, the electro plated swirle finish was untouch by rust.
This Steel Bank was manufactured by W.F.Burns Company, New-York and Chicago, early 1900.
Thanks for Viewing
------------------------TRENTON TRUST COMPANY----------------------------
As Trenton developed in a business way there came increasing demands for banking facilities and men of means began looking around for opportunities for investment in this connection. In 1888 the city's first trust and safe deposit company was organized. It was established under the name of The Real Estate, Safe Deposit, Trust and Investment Company of New Jersey. This was later changed to the Trenton Trust and Safe Deposit Company and became popularly known as the "Trenton Trust."
Business of the corporation grew from the start and it was soon occupying a leading place among the banking institutions of Trenton. Growth and development have continued. The early home of the institution at West State Street and Chancery Lane speedily became too small for it and enlargement was necessary. Even this did not suffice, and in later years a handsome office and banking building has been erected on the site, with all modern conveniences, equipment and safety devices.
Judge Edward T. Green was the first president. The late Hugh H. Hamill succeeded to the office and during recent years H. Arthur Smith has acceptably filled that position. It was under Mr. Smith's direction that the present home of the company was erected and its business greatly increased.
In the early years the company included such men as Colonel Washington A. Roebling, Henry S. Little, Barker Gummere, Levi B. Risdon and Owen H. Locke. More recent years have brought into the directorate Nelson L. Petty, Charles E. Gummere, Harvey M. Voorhees, James C. Tattersall, John M. Dickinson, Herbert Sinclair, John G. Conner, Charles E. Stokes, Christopher Cartlidge, Vincent P. Bradley and M. William Murphy. Howard F. Tomlinson graduated from the position of treasurer to that of president of another bank. Walter F. Volk has long served as secretary and David H. Lukens, prominent in Masonic circles, was for many years vault custodian.
In 1928 the company absorbed the Mercer and Colonial Trust Companies.