Ford Model T Car Jack

In Classic Cars > Ford Model T > Show & Tell and Tools and Hardware > Wrenches > Show & Tell.
Ford Model T11 of 40Model T sidelightsDid this really adorn a Model T before it went to WWI?

charmsomeonecharmsomeone loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
RustfarmRustfarm loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
    NULL

Kydur

I was told this is a car jack from a Ford Model T and it appears to match photos of similar items online, so that's what I'm going with unless someone says otherwise! It was a $2 find at a yard sale.

It's missing part of the ratchet and the flat iron bar handle, and it was also completely seized up with rust. A day after being sprayed with Liquid Wrench it freed up so well it's finger-spin operational now. A real testament to how well these jacks were made to endure the test of time. I would certainly trust this jack over most of the flimsy scissor jacks included with cars these days!

I think I'm going to attach a carbide lamp housing (see my previous post) to the swivel top of this jack for one very cool desk lamp!

Comments

1. jscott0363 jscott0363, 3 years ago
    I've actually never seen one of these Model T jacks before. Very cool!!
  2. Kydur Kydur, 3 years ago
    I had seen photos but never imagined I'd ever find one - it was quite a surprise!
  3. slackjack, 3 years ago
    Similar but not Model T. It seems any old car part is from a Model T.
  4. Kydur Kydur, 3 years ago
    Slackjack, can you tell me what car it's from? Perhaps provide some links to photos?
  5. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 years ago
    coolllllllllllll..
  6. davidmoody davidmoody, 2 years ago
    Just checked this, it looks like a Model T to me, here's a nice video of one in use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1umhEoPsM
  7. ralph ralph, 2 years ago
    I have 3 of them us them a lot.
  8. AzTom AzTom, 2 years ago
    I'm with slackjack, from what I can see of the number on it, it's not Ford.
    Probably not from any particular car, just a generic ratchet screw jack.