Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What do I have?

In Furniture > Dressers > Show & Tell.
Dressers248 of 5496 drawer dresserMy 1st project
Love it
Like it

SpiritBearSpiritBear likes this.
RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
See 6 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 2 years ago

(1 item)

I've been told it's American Oak but that is all I know other than it is huge and heavy. I got this from my mother after she passed away and would love to know more about it.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. bobby725 bobby725, 2 years ago
    I can tell you a little bit about it, it is an oak dresser, serpentine front (because of the curves) and the oak grain on the drawer fronts is called quarter sawn, because of the striped look. don`t know about the hardware, could be original, there are others on this site that will know more. Nice piece!! hope this helped. Rob
  2. Gillian, 2 years ago
    Hardware looks a little batty to me. Are there any labels or stamps inside one of the drawers, or on the back?
  3. Monie Monie, 2 years ago
    Gillian ~ No marks I've been able to find on the dresser. I spoke with my sister last night and she mentioned our mom had it appraised in the 80's (We can't find that appraisal though). Supposedly, the pulls alone were valued at 500 dollars. Still, I'd love to know the maker, age, etc...

    Bobby725 ~ Is quarter sawn a good thing for a piece like this?
  4. bobby725 bobby725, 2 years ago
    Monie, to me quarter sawn is the best, it adds a great look! although the fronts of the drawers are probably veneer (a thin layer of wood glued on the face). It is still a solid oak dresser. A possible way to tell about the pulls would be to look at the screws holding them on, if they are older looking slotted screws that look like they have been there a long time, they might be original pulls. they seen to match the key escuchions (sp.) which is a good thing. You might try google searching antique drawer pulls to try to find a match. Hope this helps. Rob

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.