Share your favorites on Show & Tell


In Electronics > Show & Tell.
Electronics241 of 962RCA Victor Electron TubeHelp
Love it
Like it

kwqdkwqd loves this.
LataLata loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 2 years ago

    (90 items)

    Not sure what this is I think it's for on here light 1960s broadcast doesn't open up so can I see what it looks like inside your the picture of the back and front

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    See all
    APARA Vintage Speaker Stands   Black Powder-Coated Steel  (One Pair)
    APARA Vintage Speaker Stands   Bla...
    Pioneer Stereo Vintage Logo LED Lighted Sign 16 Color Base High Quality
    Pioneer Stereo Vintage Logo LED Lig...
    Pioneer SX-1250 SX-850 SX-1050 SX-950 SX-750 Knob Lever Cover AAD-113
    Pioneer SX-1250 SX-850 SX-1050 SX-9...
    NOS Vintage Sprague .022 uf 400v Black Beauty Capacitor Gibson Les Paul (Qty Ava
    NOS Vintage Sprague .022 uf 400v Bl...
    APARA Vintage Speaker Stands   Black Powder-Coated Steel  (One Pair)
    APARA Vintage Speaker Stands   Bla...
    See all


    1. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 2 years ago
      THANKS SO MUCH for the additional pics dgirardin -- I stand by my guess that this device is some kind of "color organ" meant to control various banks (?) of colored lights of some sort, responding to an 'input signal' from an otherwise external sound/music amplification system. Probably not anything that'd be used around a 'radio station', much more likely for a dance hall/club or someplace...?? A *most interesting* item indeed, any way or the other!! <applause>
    2. DairyGodmother, 2 years ago
      I’m really only guessing but my first reaction was it’s for sound not light. Each color refers to a set of cables those are volume controls.
    3. DairyGodmother, 2 years ago
      Imagine this in the 1950s
    4. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 2 years ago
      With due respect DairyGodmother, the sort of 'color coded' connectors as seen in your pic are a much more recent 'invention/standard' meant for modern/current (mostly 'digital') sound/video equipment interconnections.

      The connectors on the back of dgirardin's box here are mostly 120VAC plugs, (output probably, except for the 2-prong one on the upper LH side, not sure what that'd be for except it is probably also a 'line voltage' connector for something?) plus a pair of "RCA" style and a "DNC" style audio signal connectors (input, presumably) that'd take an audio signal from an external source, then do something to react to it in real time and in turn control something else to react accordingly. (light banks) Typically such devices kinda randomly divide up the 'frequency range' of music into a few (4 in this case) "channels", such that the bass frequencies activate one channel (color), the treble frequencies activate another, and so forth.

      I'd still have to guess it was meant to control a small 'light show' in coordination with amplified music, whether a small stage/live band or small(ish?) club/dance floor environment.

      DEFINITELY an interesting and unique item/puzzle, anyways about it -- THANKS SO MUCH for showing it, dgirardin!! :-) :-) :-)

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.