Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Bottle opener, André Ricard (1963)

ANDRÉ RICARD34 of 47Three gin & liquor bottles, André Ricard (1963, 1965, 1966)Ice tongs, André Ricard (1964)
Love it
Like it

auraaura loves this.
HunterHunter loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 9 years ago

    (584 items)

    This very simple steel and plastic decapper is one of Ricard first great designs... simple, easy to grip and handle... it just consists of a piece of solid plastic and a little sheet of steel that surrounds it on three of its sides, and of course the incision on both of them. And by the way, it works wonderfully!

    It was reissued some time in the early 2000s.


    1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 9 years ago
      The motion of the shape is the inverse of a 'mezzaluna'. Clever and elegant!
    2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 9 years ago
      Decapper? Is dat de thing that pop de hub cap off de wheel? I just can't help it!
    3. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 9 years ago
      bottle openner for Cokea and beer? pease anyone cortrect me wheneer I make a mistake. In any case, the Spanish equivalent "descapsulador" isn't very common either... :)

      Vet, I see you fully understand this desgn. Great!
    4. vetraio50 vetraio50, 9 years ago
      Bottle opener is the term.
      This is indeed a beautiful bottle opener!
      Simplicity itself!
      Great design!
      Thanks for sharing it!
      I'd love to be able to do what you've done in a language not my own.
      My French and Italian are good but not as good as your English, mate!
      Just replace 'decapper' with bottle opener and change the spelling of incision and you have perfect text. If you'd like just get rid of this comment.
    5. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 9 years ago
      "descapsulador", that's a beautiful word!
    6. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 9 years ago
      Just changed it, Vet. Now it's perfect! LOL

      Descapsulador is quite a techical term. We usually call these abrebotellas (and corkscrews are called sacacorchos... ). I used the word because that's how it appears at Ricard books...

      Thanks Vet, Amber and Bellin for your loves... ok, thanks to Cobald too! ;)
    7. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 9 years ago
      haha, how does it sound in English: "DESCAPSULATOR"? Reminds me of a Schwarzeneger movie... LOL
    8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 9 years ago
      Hey, I knew exactly what you meant & the term bottle opener never crossed my mind! Making plays on words comes naturally to me. The gendarmes here drive Land Rovers that have covers on the spare tire that says Defender. I've pointed out that they mislabeled the part & that it is not de-fender but de-spare tire.
      Sorry, but you read between the lines & read it wrong.
    9. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 9 years ago
      By he way, I double checked in my book about the years it was designed... 1963!

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.