Posted 10 years ago
Does this watch look familiar? Much like those you find at “JCrew” that were made by Timex. Or, perhaps you recall the Timex “Sprite” models that can draw final bids of $100 or more. No surprise because with the exception of the crown and crystal it is 100% Timex.
I assembled it from various production and prototype parts. The watches mentioned above gave me the cue for the finished look. Here is the breakdown:
• Case – chromed plastic with stainless steel back
• Dial – back 24 hour military style
• Movement – #72 Timex 21 jewel
• Hands – from a 1963 Timex 21 jewel
• Sweep – NOS Timex parts
• Crystal – generic replacement
• Crown – generic replacement
• Stem – NOS Timex parts
• Strap – Black NATO Style
This project was fun and there are more to come! Thanks for having a look.