Posted 9 months ago
These are two early to mid-1960's Plymouth Pottery Sparrow House hand-painted bowls -- small one is 3 3/4" across and is about 1 1/2" deep with rosebuds and a minty green exterior -- larger one measures 5 1/4" across and is about 2 1/4" deep with roses flower and a natural color exterior.
** Built in 1630 by Richard Sparrow, the two-story building that is now known as the Richard Sparrow House is Plymouth's oldest existing wood frame house. The Plymouth Pottery Guild in Sparrow House was established in 1932. The building is now a museum offering visitors a glimpse of what life was like for the town's early settlers. The Richard Sparrow House also has an award-winning gallery which displays handmade jewelry, glass, pottery and wood, much of which is made by local artists. - Plymouth, Mass.