Wind-up Clock 1881? Ansonia

In Clocks > Ansonia Clocks > Show & Tell.
Ansonia Clocks43 of 52Ansonia ErieAntique Ansonia Clock

ticktocktime100ticktocktime100 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.
Shawnl86Shawnl86 loves this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.
olegaclockman47olegaclockman47 likes this.
Pop_abidesPop_abides likes this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.

JohnnyCara…
(1 item)

This is my father's clock. I don't know anything about the item except it says its from or around 1881. Ansonian and patented. Thank you for your time.

Comments

1. toolate2 toolate2, 3 years ago
    Very nice clock! Here's a link that may help you find your model: http://www.antiqueansoniaclocks.com/Ansonia-Model-0001.php
  2. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 3 years ago
    Thats an Amazing Clock, your so Lucky to have it!
  3. Bruce, 3 years ago
    You have an Ansonia "Pompeii". It is an Enameled Iron case Mantel Clock. Your Poempeii has the top of the line visible escapement, time & strike pendulum regulated movement which was patented in the late 1800's. This particular model is from circa 1904. An all original, mint condition Pompeii in good running order most recently was appraised by Tran Duy Ly at $800 in 2004. I've seen them sell on Ebay for that or much more if they came with the "Sphinx" clock topper. By themselves, in good condition, they normally sell on Ebay for somewhere between $300 - $400. Yours looks like it is in great shape and I would think that in the right market, it would sell for more. If it were my clock, I would try to hold on to it as a valuable heirloom and asset. I would also be on the look out for an Ansonia Sphinx clock topper. Enjoy!
  4. Bruce99 Bruce99, 3 years ago
    Another solved, unsolved mystery. Don't you hate it when visitors don't close a case they've opened or even acknowledge that they've taken the time to read your posted info? :)
  5. Bruce99 Bruce99, 3 years ago
    Thanks eye4beauty! I enjoy your posts and comments very much. I'm just going through old postings trying to catch up and make sure that I've seen most of the clocks...at least the manufacturers and types that I'm most interested in...and I guess I'm venting a little too. I learn from each post whether folks who are looking for help ever get back to me or not. Thanks again! :) :) :)
  6. timeless5 timeless5, 3 years ago
    sorry I can't give u any info on your clock other than niccee Clock!