Two about 1830's Micro Mosaic gold mounted plaques.

In Fine Jewelry > Micro Mosaic Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Micro Mosaic Jewelry59 of 94Micro Mosaic lot without mountingRare Micro Mosaic pendant

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
KathycatKathycat loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.
pawispawis loves this.
LuisaLuisa loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.

Agram.m

I'm in love with this two very old, Gregorian/early Victorian (1820/1838/comment amdm, see below )cute Micro Mosaic small square plaques. Despite the fact that they have some small cracks in the purpurine glass (thanks to the comment of a collector called amdm, see below). In the micro mosaic are hardly no missing tesserae but they are so cute that I don't mind. On the largest (1,9 x 2,2 cm) stands a woman in peasant dress with a big bunch of flowers in her hand and a small boy. On the small plaque (1,6 x 2 cm) is a bunch of flowers. The two plaques are mounted in gold (one hallmark I cannot decode) and there is as you can see on the photographs a small tab at the top to each corner.
They must have been a part of a antique necklace (also according the answer of a connesseur you can read in the comments below)as they were made in that time.The micro mosaic is so increable tiny and for that reason very old.
I'm planning to make a pendant of these plaques by means of fine chains so the smallest is among the largest. Or do you have an other suggestion? Please let me know??

Comments

1. Kathycat Kathycat, 2 years ago
    Hi Agram.m,
    Very Pretty!!! Hope all is well by you!!!!
  2. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Very nice! I think they would indeed look nice as a pendant.
    I recently bought some pietra dura stones and some small micro mosaïc's. All without mounting, but I liked them anyway. I will post some of them so you can see them.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Hello Kathycat, all well here, you too? Thanks for loving!
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    mustangtony thanks for loving.
  5. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Newtimes, we both share the love for pietra dura and micro mosaic. I'm curious to see your new pieces, please show them to us! Thanks for loving my plaques.
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Thanks kerry10456 and AR8Jason for loving!
  7. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Nice you love it too Louisa, thanks.
  8. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    vetraio50, thanks for loving!
  9. amdm, 2 years ago
    Very nice! The red material is actually called purpurine glass, and is a good way of dating the mosaics. In addition to their motif and design, we can tell that they date from about 1820 to 1838. The two loops at only the top indicate that they were probably part of a type of necklace known as a festoon necklace, with chains attaching one mosaic to another. Turning them into pendants on a gold chain is totally in keeping with their original mounting and style. Very nice!
  10. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Perhaps I found in you a micro mosaic expert I'm looking for. As a alreay wrote on my comment with the hallmark I'm as many here a passionate antique jewelry collector but my special interest is Micro Mosaic as you can see on this site of Micro Mosaic Show & tell where I show my pieces under my name here Agram.m http://www.collectorsweekly.com/fine-jewelry/micro-mosaic/stories
    Please take a look and give me all the information you want. I special admire the very old micro mosaic because of the infinite patience and craftsmanship (and good eyes with loupe) that the old professionals should have had this kind of jewelry. Awaiting your comment thanks in advance!
  11. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Thanks amdm for your very helpfull and teachable comment I'll hope you will respond because I'm sure I can learn a lot of you!
  12. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Pawis thanks for loving.
  13. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    wolcott1 thanks for loving.
  14. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    amdm, thanks for your expert advise on this subject. Please could you give me still more advise about my other micro mosaic jewelry? You can find them on the link:
    Thanking in advance
  15. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Thanks Kathycat for loving
  16. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Dear collectors, please take a look on the link:
    an article about my visit to the El Dorado for jewelry collectors; The Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim.
  17. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    I managed to change these wonderful Micro mosaic gold mounted plaques in a antique gold belcher necklace. I think this is where they belong, don't you agree??
  18. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    very nice agram -- wanted to stop by and wish you a happy holiday -- take care and enjoy my special lady of jewelry
  19. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Epson233' what a nice and friendly wish thanks. I wish you all the best and very happy holidays!
  20. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    BELLIN68 thanks again for your always very fast reactions and lovings.
    Did you see my Micro Mosaic collection?
  21. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Thank you everyone for the loving and attention of this rare piece! Most of you know by now that all the old Micro mosaik my passion is and always has my attention!