Vintage Mexican Silver?

In Fine Jewelry > Mexican Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Mexican Jewelry62 of 9360's Sterling Silver Mexican broochMexican Silver Earrings w/Inlaid Metal Design of Face~Mrkd 'RTA'~50's~60's

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
JoyBJoyB loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
Woman34Woman34 loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

freiheit

I found this piece last week in a second-hand store. It was black and brown, and really looking sad. For a few dollars I decided to take my chances. After some hours of cleaning it (and I really mean hours) it revealed its true self. It is marked TAXCO, Mexico, Sterling 925, Sr C, and a mark I cannot read. The piece is rather large. It measures more that 3 1/2 inches at the widest spot.
Is this kind of jewelry collectible? How old could it be? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. davyd286, 2 years ago
    It's a very nice bracelet. This style was popular and made by more than one manufacturer in Mexico. It would be helpful to see the closeup of the mark, or you may want to visit this reference website and check out Mexican Silver Marks for yourself:
  2. freiheit freiheit, 2 years ago
    Thanks davyd286. I am really bad at taking pictures. I'll try to get one of the mark but even with the magnifying glass it was next to impossible to read the second mark.

Also many thanks to vetraio50, Moonstonelover, nldionne, and bratjdd:)
  3. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Of course its collectible, just look at it
    1940's-50's
  4. freiheit freiheit, 2 years ago
    Thanks Woman34 and PhilDavidAlexanderMorris:)
    Stillwater, thanks for your comment. I will do some research. When I saw it, I knew that I wanted it - but I wasn't sure if there was any value to it, other than the silver.
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    Nice find!
  6. freiheit freiheit, 2 years ago
    Thanks valentino97!
  7. freiheit freiheit, 3 months ago
    Thanks a lot, katherinescollections, aghcollect, ho2cultcha, dbratjdd, sarahoff, vintagemad, Woman34, vetraio50, nldionne, and Moonstonelover21:)
  8. JoyB JoyB, 3 months ago
    Gorgeous piece freiheit! Great find! Here is another site that may help :)

9. freiheit freiheit, 3 months ago
    Thanks a lot for your comment and link, JoyB:)
  10. JoyB JoyB, 3 months ago
    You are welcome. I didn't realize it was posted 2 years ago heehee
  11. freiheit freiheit, 3 months ago
    Yes, JoyB, time is flying when you are having fun. It seems like yesterday when I discovered this site and started posting my items. I appreciate your comment anyway:)