This Silver watch chain was my first antique jewelery and inspiration to collect!

In Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Bracelets > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry Bracelets112 of 223Antique Chinese Crickett BraceletFabulous Antique Moonstone Bracelet

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
howardeyehowardeye loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
ThriftyGypsyThriftyGypsy loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Agram.m

This antique silver watch chain was the source of my passion for antique jewelry. I've already told to some subscribed jewels. This bracelet I got from the friend of my mother and it was such a good friend that we children called her aunt. It was on the occasion of my fourteenth birthday. I wore it as a bracelet and I remember that it was very special because my friends often wore charm bracelets that were then in fashion. I am talking now about early 60s. This afore mentioned aunt had apparently been crazy about antique silver because she possesed many beautiful antique silver bracelets, which I already really liked at that time.
This lady has been dead for years already, if she were alive today she would have some 110 years at this moment.
This sterling silver watch chain I fortunately still preserved, not so very special as antique jewelry, although the decoration is beautiful.
For me that was a first introduction to antique jewelry to this day my hobby and passion even became and remained and I collected ever since my first earned salary.

Comments

1. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    vetrai050 thanks for your quick reaction and loving
  2. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    PhilDavidAlexanderMorris nice to "meet"here again. Thanks for your loving.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    mustangtony thanks for your interest and loving
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Newtimes thanks for your loving I appreciate
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    This is so beautiful! Sounds like you fed your early passion at 14 learning to enjoy old wonderful jewelry from your Auntie. I have 2 that I wear as bracelets too - or I pin them w/large sterling pins on my vintage jackets and coats. Very pretty!!
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Valentino97 when I was a young girl (from about 16-24) I used to make my own clothes and then a made (fashion that time) a skirt and jacket in which last a little pocket. I worn this watch like it is used for on that jacket. You made me remember that by your nice comment. I even feel the fabric, some kind of brown/beige. Under the jacket a blouse blocket patron with white and grey in some kimd of nylon. Very new kind of fabric those days. My yought is coming back with these thoughts.
    Thanks, you make me do so, and of course for your nice story and last but not least, loving! Thanks nice to hear from you.

7. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I would love to see a picture of you from then. You must have one wearing something you made. I'll post one if you do. Mine is a 4-H purple ribbon winner blue jeans recycled into a top and skirt - it is pretty embarrassing but what the heck. I enjoy creating and you do too. If you can - dig out a photo and then I'll post mine.
  8. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    valentino97, Well this is it, the most spectacular photo with my self-made wedding dress. Obviously this is given the modern fashion in 1968. When I look at my hair, I think: "How could I have done this way?" In any case, I had this wedding dress homemade, including the veil. I look forward to a homemade outfit of yours. Leave you here the link back otherwise I might not find the picture. In any case, we were/are both very creative. Please email you because once you've seen the pictures I take him off from the site because this picture is on the site for jewelry course nothing to find.

9. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Look how pretty you are! I love it. You have a twinkle in your eye
  10. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    AmberRose and to think that this picture less than 45 years ago has been taken.
    I'm almost antiques. And young enough to have a twinkle. Now I get twinkels in my eyes amongst others when I see a beautiful antique jewel or another beautiful things. Thanks for loving and your attention. Where you get twinkels in your eyes?
  11. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I love this picture! You look beautiful! Thank you for posting. I will send you mine as soon as I find it and get it scanned. What "something old" piece of jewelry did you wear on your wedding day?
  12. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    I wear simple white little pearl earrings and a similar pearl bracelet. I wanted to keep it all simple that day to give the dress its own right. I'm curious of your clothes. Don't forget please!
  13. howardeye howardeye, 1 year ago
    I must say this is a great chain! I like jewelry that is unlike anyone elses. Thank you for posting it.
  14. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Hello Agram.m...always love the first piece always has the most meaning...lovely!...:-)
  15. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Thanks inky, very nice comment I appreciate and of course for loving!
  16. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Howardeye, you also have a fine compliment, I' m getting to be a litlle bit proud of all those compliments. Thanks for your attention and loving !
  17. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago