Repost $5.00 Metal plate after lite cleaning! WOW!!

In Asian > Asian Bowls > Show & Tell.
Asian Bowls83 of 135Japanese Decorated Lacquer Wood Bowl with Lid / No Marks or Label / Circa 19??Asian Bllue & White  Bowl

kyratangokyratango loves this.

toracat

Tracking # 1Z1359AY0350695784
Item Price Qty Total
# 12850703 - Hand Decorated Metal Plate $5.00 1 $5.00
Shipping & Handling $15.30
Tax $0.00
Adjustment $0.00 HELLO, Well I washed and cleaned this dish, I think it is bronze with silver and gold? or brass? or? I saw one kind of similar in museum and was Islamic from the 12th century! weighs over 3 lb. and is 11 1/2 inch diameter. I do not want to polish it too much, but there is buried inlaid under the rust or corrosion, anyway I am a little excited about this plate! See 2nd photo of back of plate! Thanks for looking! Don
Total $20.30

Comments

1. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    You did an amazing Job in cleaning it!! Could I ask what you use to clean it as I need something better.
  2. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    First soap and water, then pepsodent toothpaste, quick vinegar and baking soda, then wash again then I used Gorham silver polish, in a plastic jar, pink cake looking, wash again and rub with soft cloth after dry. There is a lot of inlay buried but I do not want to go deep, need to find more about it!
  3. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Sometimes I use catsup and hot sauce El Pato (the duck) Mexican and cayene pepper for brass and metal
  4. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    with vinegar, soda,
  5. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Thank you, toracat I will diffidently try it :)
  6. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    You are welcome, I enjoy polishing! but try not to use harsh chemicals!
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    For this size, I believe the correct term is Islamic Shield !~Phil.
  8. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Maybe a shield! The center circle is interesting, also birds and things in pattern, still inlaid buried in shield! thanks for the help! take care Phil! Don
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Stunning!
  10. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thank you and I put olive oil on it now and looks even better!!
  11. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    To me it looks to be a very large tray. In Iran they use these types of trays for huge parties, weddings and other events to present the guests with fresh (uncut) fruit...

12. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    It's very beautiful and you did a great job with the polish.
  13. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thank you! It is from India! I emailed photo to Bonhams Auction S.F. and they want me to sell! It is inlaid with gold and silver!!
  14. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Wow... That's great. I remember trays like that when I was little in Iran. This weekend is my 30th anniversary of living in US.
  15. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Congratulations on 30th!! I have been to West. Sahara, Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, Libya would not let me enter? so took ship to Sicily from Tunis!! I crossed Sahara in old Ford Trucks!! I posted something on this!!
  16. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Very cool...
  17. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thank you! It was a most wonderful adventure!
  18. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Dr.Fluffy look back 6 m0. at Morocco teapot!!
  19. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Okay, this is great I always think of them as tables.

In a weird twist, I actually saw one of these yesterday at the thrift. It was way over my limit, and not nearly as pretty/ornate as this. I slowly passed. Now, I have HUGE thrift regret and might have to do a runner there this morning. Ahhhhhh!
  20. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thanks Amber! This is very old I had Auction man from Clars look at it and sent photos to Bonham's Auction S.F., He said it is from India and fromm yr. 0-1000. They want to sell it but my son likes it! I do not know if I will keep or sell, It is 925 silver and more than 14k gold!