Silver back necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Necklaces246 of 538Maybe Middle Eastern NecklaceVintage colored choker

ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
cggrdncggrdn loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
mariposamariposa loves this.
faldifaldi loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Zowie

I believe this to be classed as Silver back Crystal. It is encased in gold colouring, I do not think it is actually gold. Was bought in between 1974- 1980 at the very latest I would say 1976 latest going by the history I know of it. This picture just does not do it justice. I just do not go to the places to wear it. I have lent it to a friend when she really had to dress in a ball gown. The colours are unbelievable. I have not found any markings.

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    It fab Zowie. I've got a couple of weddings this summer...
  2. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    AmberRose are you saying they would come in handy for the wedding. Everyone else thank you for loving it.
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    The crystals look aurora borealis to me. That would date it after 1955. So you are right about your date.
  4. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    I just posted Sherman clip-on earrings and a pin. The go great with your necklace!!!
    Same stones and time period.
  5. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Did you see the Brooch the difference is the necklace has better colors when taken in the Wright light.
  6. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Beautiful. I would love to see it with a nice black dress. :)
  7. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    It does look very nice indeed. My friend wore it with a off white Ball Gown & it looked fantastic, but so did she.
  8. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Hi who ever reads this I put this on 2 months ago & just am just looking at new additions just said I put it there 2 hours ago beat that really on top of things or we must not be putting enough down.
  9. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 22 days ago
    I seen one very similar to this in my new book that I bought on Sherman Jewellery. I will look through the book tomorrow to see if I can find it.
  10. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 22 days ago
    There is another sherman set on CW I see with some similarity to yours.
  11. melaniej melaniej, 21 days ago
    Beautiful!
    Zowie...aurora borealis looks amazing w/black and white.
    My friend wore my necklace and earring set in her wedding.....she was the bride.
    Great for New Years in a little black dress!
  12. Zowie Zowie, 17 days ago
    Thanks Phil & everyone else for the loves it is the same mine does throw out beautiful colours I didn't do it justice with my picture I also have a brooch but in platinum I think which belonged to my mother she got hers in the early sixties