Silver back necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Necklaces276 of 565Maybe Middle Eastern NecklaceVintage colored choker

katherinescollectionskatherinescollections loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

Zowie

I believe this to be classed as Silver back Crystal. It is encased in gold colouring, I do not think it is actually gold. Was bought in between 1974- 1980 at the very latest I would say 1976 latest going by the history I know of it. This picture just does not do it justice. I just do not go to the places to wear it. I have lent it to a friend when she really had to dress in a ball gown. The colours are unbelievable. I have not found any markings.

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    It fab Zowie. I've got a couple of weddings this summer...
  2. Zowie Zowie, 2 years ago
    AmberRose are you saying they would come in handy for the wedding. Everyone else thank you for loving it.
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    The crystals look aurora borealis to me. That would date it after 1955. So you are right about your date.
  4. freiheit freiheit, 2 years ago
    I just posted Sherman clip-on earrings and a pin. The go great with your necklace!!!
    Same stones and time period.
  5. Zowie Zowie, 2 years ago
    Did you see the Brooch the difference is the necklace has better colors when taken in the Wright light.
  6. freiheit freiheit, 2 years ago
    Beautiful. I would love to see it with a nice black dress. :)
  7. Zowie Zowie, 2 years ago
    It does look very nice indeed. My friend wore it with a off white Ball Gown & it looked fantastic, but so did she.
  8. Zowie Zowie, 2 years ago
    Hi who ever reads this I put this on 2 months ago & just am just looking at new additions just said I put it there 2 hours ago beat that really on top of things or we must not be putting enough down.
  9. melaniej melaniej, 11 months ago
    Beautiful!
    Zowie...aurora borealis looks amazing w/black and white.
    My friend wore my necklace and earring set in her wedding.....she was the bride.
    Great for New Years in a little black dress!
  10. Zowie Zowie, 11 months ago
    Thanks Phil & everyone else for the loves it is the same mine does throw out beautiful colours I didn't do it justice with my picture I also have a brooch but in platinum I think which belonged to my mother she got hers in the early sixties
  11. Zowie Zowie, 5 months ago
    Phil I asked you a question a couple of days ago & you answered it 5 months ago great memory on my part but thank you again. I don't wear it just sit in my jewellery box has for years the same as the brooch. Thanks for all the loves everyone. At the moment I'm trying to find a pottery plate that was shown & I cannot remember who but I have a top site for them so I'll go back to looking for it.