Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Antique Chinese Porcelain Circular Box

In Asian > Chinese Boxes > Show & Tell.
Asian Antiques4572 of 7205Antique Bronze Asian Statues On Lacquer SignedAncient Chinese Nephrite Jade Buddha
Love it
Like it

Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 3 years ago


(198 items)

Now, I get really confused about the term "Rose Famille." I see it tacked on to a WIDE variety of techniques, colors, designs, and periods. Even Gotheborg's explaination didn't clear it up.

Is this what is called Rose Famille? If not, what is this particular type of ware called, and when was it made? I have several pieces, all the same basic thing, so I realize there must be a "name" for it. This piece is a nice size, 3.5" in diamter, 2" tall.

Can anyone enlighten me on what this stuff is called? And when it was made? I know its at least 19th century. There must be a name and period for this stuff, I see it a lot

Anyway, thanks for looking
- Still

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. shrine shrine, 3 years ago
    Stillwater, there is nothing called "Rose Famille", I bet you want to state "Famille Rose" , bloody French :)

    To be honest, it's very hard to give the right name to this piece, even western scholars mixed terms. The most closest name should be Famille Rose, which refers to some pieces made after Kangxi period (around 1700).

  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 3 years ago
    Well its the same two words, people in the West use Famille Rose and Rose Famille interchangeably

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.