"Joseph Warner" Christmas Tree Brooch /Circa 20th Century

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches1645 of 2410Vintage Costume Jewelry Brooch:  Stamped Brass and PorcelainSimilar Designs

auraaura loves this.
SpunkysMomSpunkysMom loves this.
Rick55Rick55 loves this.
BudekBudek loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.

mikelv85

This is it for the day. Just this one little pin from Salvation for all my running around. It's marked Warner which I have to admit I was clueless about...but not anymore ! I don't know why but I don't think this looks so much like a Christmas tree that you couldn't wear it everyday depending on the orientation. Upside down I think it makes a perfectly elegant chandelier. The stones and the setting are clues that this is a quality piece. It's marked Warner on a plaque underneath the pin. It was also made in two sizes. A large one at 2 5/8" and this small one which measures 2". -Mike-

Joseph Warner Jewelry (1953 - 1971)
    Courtesy of imageevent.com
    and decadesvintage.com

Warner was founded in 1953 and continued production until 1971. It was solely operated by Joseph Warner. This company produced top quality and distinctive jewelry using brilliant rhinestones and outstanding fruit, floral and insect designs. Jewelry marked Joseph Warner or Warner is very scarce and hard to find. Stones were individually set and chosen for their color balance and with a keen eye for composition. Many Warner pieces employed the distinctive black Japaning process.
    Joseph Warner’s lovely rhinestone jewelry is solidly made and could remind one of other makers such as Karu, Weiss or Regency. Also of note are his “blooming” mechanical flower pins which open and close by moving a lever.

logo
    Costume Brooches
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520...
    $10
    I Am Edgar Berebi My  In A Row Angel Luck Liu Vintage Brooch PinMade 2001 New
    I Am Edgar Berebi My In A Row Ange...
    $34
    I Am Edgar Berebi  Vintage All In A row Angels  Christmas Angels , Christmas Pin
    I Am Edgar Berebi Vintage All In A...
    $32
    Nice Jewelry Lot ALL GOOD Wear Resell Vintage Now 5 Pc Earring Brooch Necklace
    Nice Jewelry Lot ALL GOOD Wear Rese...
    $13
    logo
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520...
    $10

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Sweet! Plus good homework on research :-)
    2. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 6 years ago
      Have you seen what they ask for these....KA-CHING! Great Find!!
    3. mikelv85 mikelv85, 6 years ago
      Thanks Kyra and Ken for the "loves" and comments. Oh yes, Ken I've seen...lol :)
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 6 years ago
      My mom and grandma had some of these Christmas pins - I did not like them. But I guess they are collectible and I should have kept their items. We all have different taste on CW - and THANK YOU! Mike - that's the way it should be!
    5. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 6 years ago
      Very pretty, Mike, I love Christmas brooches!!!!
    6. mikelv85 mikelv85, 6 years ago
      Thanks Val :)....yes hind sight is twenty twenty. If people didn't have different tastes there would be nothing in the thrift shops.
    7. racer4four racer4four, 6 years ago
      It's beautiful Mike and I would wear it daily as a chandelier! Too good to sit in a box. Soooo...you wearing it today? Why not?
      I love the black and crystal on the "trunk".
    8. mikelv85 mikelv85, 6 years ago
      Thanks Karen.... I'm afraid it's fate is to be hidden away in one of my many jewelry boxes never to be seen again.......or will it :)
    9. Rick55 Rick55, 6 years ago
      Lovely piece with gorgeous colors Mike! Definitely not a humbug :-)
    10. mikelv85 mikelv85, 6 years ago
      Thanks Rick ....although it is the Tiny Tim version :)
    11. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 6 years ago
      It looks great worn either way
    12. Midnight1208, 5 years ago
      I do have one and absolutely love. I was not a big pin or brooch person until start coming across the most interesting and beautiful colors and designs. Very nice pin.
    13. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      I'll actually have to look for this one midnight...I forgot where I put it...lol :)