Posted 5 years ago
These types of lights were used primarily in the 1940's, and had a curved piece of white milk glass that slid downward within two side channels, and rested on a wood base. These signs were usually illuminated with a 40 watt (or less) bulb, so the paint wouldn't flake or get too hot. These lights measure about 18-20 inches high and often have a stepped wooden base. They are colorful, elusive and collectible.