The Howdy Company

In Bottles > Cola and Pop Bottles > Show & Tell.
Cola and Pop Bottles131 of 528Howdy 7 Up BottlesTalbot Brand Glass Bottle

yougottahavestuffyougottahavestuff loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
JImamJImam loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
iggyiggy loves this.

bottle-bud

The Howdy Company started in 1920 and was founded by C.L. Grigg and Edmund Rigway in St. Louis, Missouri.
    The Howdy bottle is a 6 1/2 ounce, date unsure, I guessing early 1920's.
    The Faust and Taylor bottles have "Howdy Bottling Co." "St. Louis, Mo."
    embossed on the bottom of the bottle. The Faust is dated 1931 and the Taylor is dated 1934.
    The 23 oz Faust I'm guessing is from the early 1930's.
    Howdy changed their name to the Howdy 7 Up Company in the 20's or early 30's and became The 7 Up company in 1934.

Comments

1. iggy iggy, 2 years ago
      Very nice! Love them all but especially the Howdy. I collect 7up's and like you stated, that is the beginnings of 7up.
    2. bottle-bud bottle-bud, 2 years ago
      Thanks iggy! Just curious, how many 7 ups do you have in your collection?
      I've seen some of your past posts your 7 up bottles look in near mint condition.
    3. iggy iggy, 2 years ago
      How many? Oh boy! Strangely I never set out to collect 7up's. It just happened. I have over 100 different 7up bottles. I try to to only get bottles in near mint shape, but sometimes have to get whatever is out there. I am currently fixing up my basement to display all my bottles and soda related stuff. Hopefully it will be done soon. You must have quite a collection also!
    4. WesternPA-Collector WesternPA-Collector, 2 months ago
      I love that Howdy bottle. The old embossed types are rather rare. I have one that I'm going to post soon.
    5. bottle-bud bottle-bud, 2 months ago
      I am glad you like it. Looking forward to see your version.
    6. WesternPA-Collector WesternPA-Collector, 2 months ago
      Also just posted an ACL version from the 70's when Howdy was supposed to already be gone. Still trying to figure that one out.