Scale bicycle model

keramikoskeramikos loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

kwqd

This bicycle model is 7.75" long and 3.75" high. I have been an avid bicyclist since the early 1980s and a friend gifted this to me about 1988-9. It is metal and a fully functional bicycle. The hand brakes work, the brake calipers work, the quick release wheels work, the seat is adjustable, etc. The pedals turn and the chain turns the rear wheel. The tires are rubber. It is only a one speed model, so has no shifter. It is an amazingly well made, high quality model. I am not sure where my friend got it and there are no markings on it. Probably too expensive for a toy so agreeing with fortapache that "model" is a better description....

Comments

1. fortapache fortapache, 3 months ago
      I would call it a model.
    2. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Agree, fortapache!
    3. jscott0363 jscott0363, 3 months ago
      Wow!! This is so amazingly detailed!!
    4. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Thanks for loving my bicycle jscott0363, vetraio50, Thomas, GeodeJem, keramikos, fortapache, Jenni and Watchsearcher!

@jscott0363 - It is pretty well done! I'm surprised it is not marked. Not sure if it was mass produced or if it was produced by a craftsman...
    5. TallCakes TallCakes, 3 months ago
      maybe 1/10 scale working bike by Festina

6. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      I did a quick search on ebay and found a couple identical to this one and numerous new ones that are very close and now being made in China. Not sure where they were being made in 1988. Maybe Taiwan?
    7. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Thanks, Tallcakes. You just beat me to an ebay search! I hadn't thought about looking there before!
    8. TallCakes TallCakes, 3 months ago
      Festina makes watches and these scaled bikes...
    9. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Thanks, Tallcakes! I will do some more research!
    10. TallCakes TallCakes, 3 months ago
      tomorrow is stage 7 of Tour de France...
    11. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      @Tallcakes - yes, indeed! My first bike was a racing bicycle that I picked out with the help of competitive race rider. Now I am riding a much less aggressive bike, a Specialized Sequoia that is almost 20 years old. I still have my racing bike though.... I've never gotten into mountain biking, etc..... Always a road biker...
    12. buckethead, 3 months ago
      Cool bike model....nicely detailed. I'm with you on the road bike preference. I continue to ride a 2001 Bianchi Talladega for tours and racing.
    13. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Thanks for loving my model bicycle, kyratango, yougottahavestuff, buckethead, Broochman and blunderbuss2!
    14. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      @buckethead - I mostly just do conditioning rides to maintain my fitness level, now. Mid-Westerners are not bicycle friendly. I've had one too many pickup trucks try to blow me off the road while touring.
    15. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago