Posted 9 months ago
I bought this because it's very unique and I can't find another like it. I also cannot find any maker marks or logos anywhere after taking it apart. I am hoping someone can point me in right direction as to age, and maker. I would also like to fabricate a decent mounting bracket for it. Maybe black gas pipe and wall flange? Thanks in advance for any help. I will provide what I know below:
- I was advised it is Paidar, however I cannot find any confirmed Paidar poles like it.
- approx 37 in tall
- Everything on it is thick porcelain, even the white mounting hole hardware. I do not think it was electric at any point (top light etc)
- Top and bottom are two pieces each in blue ring and white porcelain cap over heavy cast iron.
- Tube is fairly thick gauge, porcelain inside and out. Inside porcelain is the familiar blue stoneware type finish
- Tube is conical, not perfect cylinder and wider at top than bottom which is a really cool looking feature.
- It has a single threaded rod top to bottom with fasteners at both ends. Rod is modern so added fairly recently.
Some repairs have been done and it has been beat up a few times. The smaller bottom cap was broken and actually spot welded in a couple of places. Top cap blue ring was broken at some point and repaired. Plenty of big and little chips where it looks like it was dropped more than once. There is a spot in the white porcelain that has been painted in white.