Repair of a Sterling Epergne

In Sterling Silver > English Sterling Silver > Show & Tell.
English Sterling Silver67 of 80Electro plated nickel silver Ladle (EPNS)Sterling hallmarked salt with cobalt liner

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
Lisa-lightingLisa-lighting loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

silversmith

Here I'm leveling the arms on a 19th century London epergne. Epergnes weren't always built like tanks to deal with everyday living. The user must take this into consideration when using and moving such a piece.

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Those were the days when "the butler" was in control of your plate and knew exactly what to do in terms of storage & maintenance.
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Wow she is big and lovely! How did you get into repairs?
    Vetraio, I have decided that I need a butler!
  3. silversmith silversmith, 2 years ago
    How did I get into repairs? How about if I just cut-and-paste my "about me" shpiel:

I started my business in 1984, and have built this business on a national reputation of quality craftsmanship with a special sensitivity towards the finishing of every piece. I have repaired & reconstructed everything from historically important tankards, tea services, and tureens to disposal-damaged and dishwasher-dulled flatware.

I consider myself an environmentalist, using the safest, non-toxic, organic products available. My workshop is state-of-the-art in safety and cleanliness.

Before I started my own business, I worked at Gorham as a designer, sample maker, and technical illustrator. Upon leaving Gorham, I took a position at Pilz Ltd. where I learned the fine art of restoration, and fabricated mass-produced ecclesiastical ware. I earned a BFA degree in silversmithing and jewelry making from Maine College of Art in Portland, where I studied under Harold Schremmer and Ernest Thompson - two outstanding designer/craftsmen. I am the founder of the Society of American Silversmiths.
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Wow, you have a varied background! I am impressed with the work you have put on CW. If I ever need a silver smith you will definitely be my go to guy!
    Happy Holidays!
  5. silversmith silversmith, 2 years ago
    AmverRose: Keep complimenting me like that and all your restorations will be free ;~) Happy Holidays to you, too.