Repair of a Sterling Epergne

In Sterling Silver > English Sterling Silver > Show & Tell.
English Sterling Silver90 of 103Electro plated nickel silver Ladle (EPNS)Sterling hallmarked salt with cobalt liner

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
ozmartyozmarty loves this.
RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
jr1982jr1982 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
Lisa-lightingLisa-lighting loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

silversmith

Here I'm leveling the arms on a 19th century London epergne. Epergnes weren't always built like tanks to deal with everyday living. The user must take this into consideration when using and moving such a piece.

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 3 years ago
    Those were the days when "the butler" was in control of your plate and knew exactly what to do in terms of storage & maintenance.
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Wow she is big and lovely! How did you get into repairs?
    Vetraio, I have decided that I need a butler!
  3. silversmith silversmith, 3 years ago
    How did I get into repairs? How about if I just cut-and-paste my "about me" shpiel:

I started my business in 1984, and have built this business on a national reputation of quality craftsmanship with a special sensitivity towards the finishing of every piece. I have repaired & reconstructed everything from historically important tankards, tea services, and tureens to disposal-damaged and dishwasher-dulled flatware.

I consider myself an environmentalist, using the safest, non-toxic, organic products available. My workshop is state-of-the-art in safety and cleanliness.

Before I started my own business, I worked at Gorham as a designer, sample maker, and technical illustrator. Upon leaving Gorham, I took a position at Pilz Ltd. where I learned the fine art of restoration, and fabricated mass-produced ecclesiastical ware. I earned a BFA degree in silversmithing and jewelry making from Maine College of Art in Portland, where I studied under Harold Schremmer and Ernest Thompson - two outstanding designer/craftsmen. I am the founder of the Society of American Silversmiths.
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Wow, you have a varied background! I am impressed with the work you have put on CW. If I ever need a silver smith you will definitely be my go to guy!
    Happy Holidays!
  5. silversmith silversmith, 3 years ago
    AmverRose: Keep complimenting me like that and all your restorations will be free ;~) Happy Holidays to you, too.