My 2 former babies, 1959 Corvette, & 1978 Monte Carlo

In Photographs > Show & Tell and Classic Cars > Chevrolet Corvette > Show & Tell.
Photographs2008 of 2906Saucy Victorian1940's Navy with my Dad goofing around !

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
MMMMMM loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
tommy1002tommy1002 loves this.
beachbombbeachbomb loves this.
StonieStonie loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.

pickrknows

Started working right out of high school @ big steel plant,making good dough at 17 yrs old. After the first few pays went into stereo,clothes etc. ,the next big thing was the Monte. Bought from dealer 1 yr old, had a mundane stereo,total stock everything .I'st came the 60 series Cragars,all around, new stereo,blew up the orig. 273 engine,went to a 350cid,smashed it up(2 times), new custom metallic paint. Then I turned 19 & thought maybe a classic would be a better investment. Bought the '59 out of a Chevy dealers showroom(he'd had it on display for 14 yrs ) had mucho fun with it for 3 yrs., it's the most uncomfortable seating,worst ride,not very fast, but most fun car you can ever own when your that age!!!Wish I still had it!!

Comments

1. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    Love those 59 Corvette's.
  2. pickrknows pickrknows, 3 years ago
    Thank-you ttomtucker for the nice comment!
  3. pickrknows pickrknows, 3 years ago
    Thank-you packrat-place!
  4. Trey Trey, 3 years ago
    Man, what year did you buy the corvette, how much was it. Awesome car
  5. pickrknows pickrknows, 3 years ago
    Hey Trey ,thanks for the nice comment, it was 1982,sold it in '85 to buy my first house @22 yrs old. Paid 13.5k, sold it for 13.5k, great investment for the fun that goes with it!
  6. pickrknows pickrknows, 3 years ago
    Thank-you Mani, stonie, EJW,Bellin, &kerry !!
  7. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 3 years ago
    Chick Magnet! :)
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    My best friend had the 62 Corvette, all I remember was loving every second being in it and how many heads that car turned per second ! A loss that you don't have it, I learned something by buying back everything I never wanted to sell. At least you had it and can cherish those memories, that is most important !