1930's Machine Age Jakob Bengel Necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Art Deco Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Costume Jewelry203 of 244Jacob Bengel Art Deco BroochArt Deco Wedding Cake combined with middle front Bakelite bead necklace

perisaeperisae loves this.
Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.
ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
VladimirVladimir loves this.
artisloveartislove loves this.
Foxterrier9livesFoxterrier9lives loves this.
Woman34Woman34 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
    NULL

Betty1978

Hi everyone! Here is my latest find... A necklace by admirable 1930's German designer Jakob Bengel. I don't even know how in a few months, this guy has become such an obsession with me! ;)
This is perfection to me. Well, almost perfection because this one used to have two dangling beads but one of them was lost. Otherwise it is in great condition, with no corrosion.
I'm thinking about buying the book about Bengel's jewelry ('Art Deco Jewelry: Jakob Bengel, Idar-Oberstein/Germany'), but it is hard to find and frightfully expensive... Anyone got it?

Comments

1. freiheit freiheit, 4 years ago
    LOVE IT!
  2. Betty1978 Betty1978, 4 years ago
    Thank you! :-)
  3. inky inky, 4 years ago
    Beautiful!...:-)
  4. artislove artislove, 4 years ago
    i agree perfection...WOW!!!
  5. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 3 years ago
    If the book is very pricey and you haven't looked at the book yet, I'd suggest checking it first at the library to see if it's worth acquiring. Or you can always see if it's for sale on eBay, I've gotten some great books for little cost there. Good luck!
  6. Betty1978 Betty1978, 3 years ago
    Yes, the book is very expensive. I'm sure I'd love though as it seems there are loads of pictures in it. In France, it pretty is hard to find. I live in Paris, but was unable to find it in the libraries and bookshops of my area... You're right, I'll have a look on Ebay and see if I could get it at a reasonable price. Thanks!
  7. solver solver, 3 years ago
    Betty1978, a very beautiful and avante garde necklace, great purchase.

Since you live in Paris, there is a copy of Bengel's book "Jacob Bengel: Art Deco Jewelry/ Art Deco Schmuck," available in The Netherlands for EUR 27.50.

I suggest you email the seller first to see if it is still available and if so, get a quote for the postage. There is no detail regarding the condition of the book so you might want to enquire.

Scriptum Art Books, the listing is on the well-known Antiqbook website:
  8. Betty1978 Betty1978, 3 years ago
    Thank you for the tip, solver! Indeed, this is a bargain. I'm going to email the seller... Thanks again!