MATCH BOX FIGURE

nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
WandlessfairyWandlessfairy loves this.

roddyq

This little under 2" metal basketball figure has always been a mystery to me. At one time I found a site on the internet that said a Japanese company produced these figures around 1950 and didn't have much success with sales. Not too long after Matchbox came alive in England and is still highly collectible. I'm hoping someone may know more about the figure posted here. The molding is crude and the bottom is faintly stamped Japan.

logo
    Toys
    OLD Vintage Wotc Pokemon 10 Card LOT Holo Rare 1st Edition Near Mint PSA Quality
    OLD Vintage Wotc Pokemon 10 Card LO...
    $18
    STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DISPLAY STAND FOR VINTAGE FIGURES CLEAR X 20 T1c
    STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DISPLAY STA...
    $14
    57 Vintage Star Wars Weapons Figures Lot
    57 Vintage Star Wars Weapons Figure...
    $33
    MEGA EPIC MYSTERY CUBE 250+ POKEMON CARDS 4-5 EX/GX/SR & 4-7 WOTC/VINTAGE HOLOS
    MEGA EPIC MYSTERY CUBE 250+ POKEMON...
    $58
    logo
    OLD Vintage Wotc Pokemon 10 Card LO...
    $18

Comments

1. buckethead buckethead, 2 years ago
      Neat little Matchbox figure. I couldn't find out anything about them but did find a track runner and football player available on E-bay. The sellers didn't know much about them other than thinking that they were from the 1940s to 1950s.
    2. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      Hey thanks buckethead I'll keep checking online and look at the 2 on E-bay.
    3. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      vetraio50, Wandlessfairy, buckethead thanks for the loves and stopping by always much appreciated
    4. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      Thomas the basketball player caught my eye, as I had never seen one before, and it said Japan which was interesting.

I found a little more information on the figures at this link.
    5. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Neat little figure. Looks like the Marx Miniature series of figures. I think the site you found covered it.
    6. Caperkid, 2 years ago
      Very nice miniature Rodd!
    7. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 2 years ago
      That's really cool !! Nice find ! :)
    8. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      Thank you Roy it fits in well with the matchbox line.
    9. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      It surprised me when I found it nutsabotas6 nobody had bought it and it was very cheap. I scooped it right away!
    10. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      fortapache I did a lot of checking and word changing and this site turned up great piece of info on the minatures. Nice to finally know it's history.
    11. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      oroyoroy, Thomas, lisa, fortapache, always much appreciated you stopping by and sharing the loves.
    12. roddyq roddyq, 2 years ago
      Roy, nutsabotas6, Trey, iggy, Phil, Jlmam thanking you for stopping by and sharing the loves.