Vintage Sapphire 14k Spiral Ring.

In Fine Jewelry > Sapphire Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Sapphire Jewelry4 of 2514kt White Gold Custom Ring, with Blue Sapphire and Diamond Side StonesOrange sapphire

TigraTigra loves this.
foseatmefoseatme loves this.
Tlynnie1942Tlynnie1942 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Tanni

This beautiful ring is set in 14k yellow gold. It has 26 Sapphires in a spiral staircase setting that stands 1/2 in tall. The tier of Sapphires are supported along the side of the ring by yellow gold spirals. I've been told it was a "Cocktail Ring".

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 1 year ago
      Wow, that's a big ring in all respects!
      Is there no marks at all, even on the shoulder?
    2. Tanni Tanni, 1 year ago
      Thanks racer4four.

There may be a mark on the inner upper shoulder. Even with a magnifine glass, I can't tell for sure.

I think I'm going to photograph it again. Hopefully get a good shot of this possible mark.

I originally thought it was costume jewelry. The band is not even marked 14K. However the jeweler confirmed it was a 14K band and Sapphires. I forgot to ask the jeweler about the possible mark when I took it in.

Thanks for all the love's everyone.
    3. Tanni Tanni, 1 year ago
      Thanks for stopping and taking a look and for the love's ~

Newfld
      racer4four
      Valentino97
      TassieDevil
      Nutsabotas6
      Aura &
      Hel1
    4. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 11 months ago
      This is a custom job...the spirals all have differences in them, some smaller and some larger. The fact that there is no Gold content mark is curious, I would certainly get a jeweler to look at that mark you say is there. This is very nice!

And look at the piece of Gold metal laid in the shank, at the top of the circle. It is lopsided a bit, one side goes down lower than the other. It could have been added to bolster up the design on top, or added to size down the ring for someone. Taking any metal from the ring to size up or down would have put pressure on the prong settings in the design, and some stones would have popped out because of it at some point. I really like this ring, and I love the custom work :)
    5. Tanni Tanni, 11 months ago
      Thanks so much Tlynnie !
      I'm delighted that you like it so much. I could tell it was lopsided a bit, however I didn't want to try and correct it myself. I still need to take it back to the jeweler. The last time he looked at it he said the stones were tight (I understand what you're talking about though).
      I appreciate you having a look and the love.

Tanni
    6. foseatme, 6 months ago
      oh my! that is stunning!!
    7. Tanni Tanni, 6 months ago
      Thanks for looking ans the love foseatme !
    8. Tanni Tanni, 6 months ago
      Thanks for the love and stopping by Tigra.