Ashland Gas/Oil

In Signs > Porcelain Signs > Show & Tell and Signs > Gas, Oil, and Service Signs > Show & Tell.
Porcelain Signs5 of 688PITTSBURGH PAINTS porcelain/neon sign resto FINALLY done!B/A Gas and Oil

akrodogakrodog loves this.
lzenglishlzenglish loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Rattletrap

We got this great porcelain sign from Scott Green in Waxahachie Texas a few weeks ago and while I said I wasn't going to stand any more signs until the new Lakeside Event Center is built, I just couldn't resist filling in the empty space that already had a footing just waiting for a sign.
The Ashland Oil Co was founded in 1927 in Ashland Kentucky by a guy named Paul Blazer and had a very long aggressive history of buying up other oil and chemical companies until 2007 when it divested itself of the gas/oil division. The Brand never actually made it to Utah until now.
The sign is flashy and different and fits great along the row of 108 standing signs at Lakeside Storage in Provo Ut.

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
    It's a great sign - looks fast!
  2. Trey Trey, 2 months ago
    108!!! And still hunting!!! Can't wait to see event center!!!
  3. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 2 months ago
    Racer4four,
    Thanks. I had a chance to buy 3 of them last Oct in IL and was so overloaded I had to pass on the deal! I built a bigger, heavier duty trailer when I got home! Not as nice to pull but can carry a huge load! I already had over 40 signs and several poles on. 3 blowouts getting home from Hershey! Not good!
  4. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 2 months ago
    Trey,
    Yep!! I'm nuts! Just bought a full load of very cool stuff in S Dakota for the Event Center. Already have about 40 signs for it. Will need twice that to start! Life is good! U gonna get wet again this weekend?
  5. Trey Trey, 1 month ago
    It's Florida!!! I stay wet LOL !!!!
  6. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    Nice! we had Ashland in our area, I use to go on the weekends to the local Oil distributor to wash the oil delivery trucks.
  7. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
    Trey,
    How do keep from getting rusty with all that rain?
  8. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
    EJW-54,
    Not sure how many stations they ever had but probably a lot since they were around for a very long time. The 3 color signs are pretty cute & I love different shapes of signs mixed together.
  9. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
    Pickrknows
    Thx for the love it. Hard to believe how few love these cool porcelain signs?
  10. akrodog akrodog, 1 month ago
    Another nice sign rattletrap! Love that older logo from my neck of the woods.
  11. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
    Akrodog,
    Thx for the comment. I agree on the older logo being flashier than the later signs. Very lucky to find this one.
  12. akrodog akrodog, 1 month ago
    Hey Rattletrap, Check out THeyward page. I think you would be a great candidate!
  13. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
    Akrodog,
    Hmmm? I'm old and have no idea what that is nor how to find it?
  14. akrodog akrodog, 1 month ago
    Sorry 'bout that. I can't figure out how to get there either! This was posted to officialfuel's page...

Hello,

My name is Tunisha and i'm a Casting Associate Producer for History Channels newest show Collectors Cafe, I would love to speak with you about your collection and possibly feature you on our show.

If interested please give me a call at 212-564-2607 ext 2461

Like I said, I think you would be GR8 candidate!