Murano bead earrings?

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Earrings > Show & Tell.
Costume Earrings23 of 534Richard Kerr Speckled Earrings De Mario, NY, Brooch and Earrings

jbingham95jbingham95 loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Elisabethan

I think these earrings are quite sweet. I think it is murano wedding glass beads. They are pink/fuschia colored with some green and gold in it. There is a palegreen glassbead added to the larger bead. The type of hook and fastener makes me think it is of some age. Any ideas are welcome, thank you!

Here is another pair of earrings I have with the same hook and fastener: https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/118788-transitional-art-deco-silver-and-marcasi

logo
    Costume Earrings
    Mega Large White Faux Pearl Dangle Clip On Earrings Vintage 1980s 2 1/2"
    Mega Large White Faux Pearl Dangle ...
    $13
    RARE YSL Freeform  GRIPOIX Design EARRINGS Yves Saint Laurent 1980s
    RARE YSL Freeform GRIPOIX Design E...
    $275
    Signed CHRISTIAN DIOR Vintage Clips Earrings Blue Glass Lapis Clear Crystal Gold
    Signed CHRISTIAN DIOR Vintage Clips...
    $121
    Large Mega Lightweight Gold Tone Dangle Hoop Pierced Statement Earrings 3 3/4"
    Large Mega Lightweight Gold Tone Da...
    $9
    logo
    Mega Large White Faux Pearl Dangle Clip On Earrings Vintage 1980s 2 1/2"
    Mega Large White Faux Pearl Dangle ...
    $13

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Beautifully colored earrings & a very nice enhancement hanging from that lovely weave pattern crystal
    2. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you Newfld! You have seen the back - ground before. It's my pressed glass victorian Columbus, by Radeburg, c1890.
    3. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Newfld
      Bobby725
      Kwqd
      Watchsearcher
      Broochman
      Vetraio
      Thanks to you all for loving my post :)
    4. Gillian, 1 year ago
      I'm so very sorry for thinking, and writing, that the beads in the necklace were 'wedding cake' beads. I did a lot of looking at wedding cake beads after my post - something I should of done before! I discovered that all such beads have a pink swirl.

I have made this mistake before and think I should stop typing comments until I know what I'm talking about. I really am sorry.

Gillian
    5. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Don't be Gillian. Is that really so, that those always have a pink swirl? If that is the case a lot of people are wrong.
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Gillian check this out:
    7. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Gillian I think the information in the link is quite detailed and therefore interesting. I think you might be right in a way. Not about a pink swirl but about something pink - the rosebuds.
    8. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      It’s the rosebuds that caught my eye...beautiful!
    9. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 year ago
      Beautiful! I wish that I could stick to one thing to collect :)
    10. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you Ms.ChrystalShip yes rosebuds are sweet.
      Thank you Vintagelamp. Yes but I can't stick to one thing in jewelry - there are so meny different kinds of jewelry :) and in my house I have things I have fallen for at auctions and antique shops even if they are not in a collection per say. They are still in my life collection :)
    11. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 year ago
      I have never seen anything like them before, fascinating !~
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      The beadtype is often seen but yes they maybe fascinating still. Thank you PhilDMorris.