Horse and Carriage Vintage Handbag

DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.

babyoak

I bought this vintage handbag and want to know if anyone knows any history of the bag. It is a navy blue silk or satin, leather lined and has no tags on the inside. It has 3 compartments and 1 zipper pocket. The hardware is heavy. It's 9.5" wide, 7" high and strap drop is 19". No markings or stamps on the inside, there is a stamp on the metal closure but i can't read out.

Thanks

Comments

1. SheeshVintage SheeshVintage, 5 years ago
    You say there are no labels inside but my very first guess was also Hermes.
  2. SheeshVintage SheeshVintage, 5 years ago
    Adding: When I came across what appeared to be '60's Calligaris chairs, I wrote to the company itself. You might consider doing the same.
  3. babyoak, 5 years ago
    Thank you, I posted a pic of the inside if there are any markings inside the bag, I can't find them, I also need some better light, lol, and there are no labels inside. I will keep looking with a flashlight and see if I come up with anything, thank you all.
  4. babyoak, 5 years ago
    Wow, that's a whole lot of work to fake a bag, lol
  5. Maxwell, 4 years ago
    Hey did anyone resolve this question? I would like to know the name of the company as well (I have a very similar bag with the exact design).
  6. SEAN68 SEAN68, 4 years ago
    HERMES-PARIS,FRANCE

7. SEAN68 SEAN68, 4 years ago
    This is a fake one , it should be signed inside and it should have some numbers and letters. for the serial number.
  8. raven3766 raven3766, 25 days ago
    It's a very well made vintage handbag. Did you look behind the "H"? Also look behind the metal pieces of the strap. Usually Hermes would apply the name in gold. Hopefully, that helps! You are looking for a letter/possibly a number.
  9. raven3766 raven3766, 25 days ago
    Take a pic of the stamp on the metal closure and upload.