Wooden Art Deco Clock

In Clocks > Art Deco Clocks > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Clocks214 of 3751930's Herman Miller/Leon Hatot Art Deco Banjo Clock, #3019Smith Metal Arts SiverCrest Desk Set with Lawson Movement, 1930s

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
Stan_vintage_fanStan_vintage_fan loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.
thriftfanthriftfan loves this.
ThriftStoreAddictThriftStoreAddict likes this.
rlwindlerlwindle loves this.

upstatenyc…

My favorite piece from todays hunting, this clock has great color and keeps good time. It's 7 1/2" tall and 9 1/2" wide. There are very few markings on the clock, as you can see. I bought it for the deco style and great color. Now I have to find out what company made clocks in Adrian MI

Comments

1. Stan, 3 years ago
    Hi. I have this exact clock. It is not painted, that is brown stained wood with black highlights. The cord was deteriorated and I have removed it so it wouldn't accidentally get plugged in and cause a fire. The full paper label is still attached and reads "RETAIL VALUE $7.50 THIS clock Is GUARANTEED for 5 years, providing it is used only on 100 to 120 volts, 60 cycles, A C synchronous for which it is intended. If any adjustment is required, return the clock by parcel post insured, with letter of explanation to the Merchants Advertising Co. at Adrin Michigan." I really love the look of the clock and have no idea of its value. I hope this was of some help.
  2. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 3 years ago
    Stan, thanks a bunch for the info. Do you have a pic of yours, I'd love to see it!
  3. Stan_vintage_fan Stan_vintage_fan, 3 years ago
    I don't but will get a couple and upload them. Ironically I have a 2nd home in great Bend Pa and drive by your town regularly traveling from MA to PA on 88. I think I picked this clock up in Binghamton a couple of years ago.
  4. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 3 years ago
    I got mine in Albany. If you have some extra time when you travel, I can give you some good shops near I88 between Albany and Binghamton.
  5. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 3 years ago
    kind looks like something that Frank Loyd Wright would create on acid!! anouther killer artistic piece. good hunting.
  6. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 3 years ago
    Thanks Mike!
  7. theclassiceclector, 2 years ago
    Stan, I just picked up a c.1928 (patent applied for June 1928) pendulum clock by the Merchants Adv. Co of Adrian, Mi. The body is made of plywood painted red with Penn. Dutch or German stenciling. It is a Gilbert movement and guar. for one year. Don't know if it runs because I need a smaller key than the one I got. Do you know the best place to pick up inexpensive wind keys?
  8. Stan_vintage_fan Stan_vintage_fan, 2 years ago
    HI, back again.... Just wanted to let you know that I replaced the cord and the clock keeps perfect time. I did send it off to be restored. I'll let you know how it comes out.
  9. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Cool. I'm looking forward to it!
  10. Qills, 2 years ago
    Just looking up this clock I came across and I have a similar one, not of the same design, but with the same markings on the back. Has anyone figured What company or individual made these clocks. Should I get this restored?
  11. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Not sure who actually made them, Quills, but everyone is saying the Merchants Advertising Company sold them. Not sure if they all had Gilbert movements.