Love at first sight

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass3022 of 3234Kralik Cameo Glass Covered Jar, ca. 1905-1910, signed "Kralik"KRALIK CONFETTI: XMAS IN GLASS

AgustinAgustin likes this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
LoetzDanceLoetzDance loves this.
ozmartyozmarty loves this.
IlikeartIlikeart loves this.
susankebsusankeb loves this.
LoetzBuddiesLoetzBuddies loves this.
cogitocogito loves this.
famatta127famatta127 loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.

MsQ

Sometimes you do have to trust your instincts. Here is a vase I recently bought on eBay - despite not being sure exactly what it was at the time. The only thing I knew was I loved it!! Post-purchase, opinions were divided, but eventually we managed to hone the attribution to Loetz - green aventurine with blue stripes, enamelled with cabuchons. It is a lovely heavy piece of glass, with true depth.

Comments

1. bohemianglassandmore bohemianglassandmore, 3 years ago
    Very, very nice! It's nice when those hunches pay off!
  2. cogito cogito, 3 years ago
    Not to be sour grapes about it, but I was robbed. I was the highest bidder on this piece, but the seller didn't bother to offer me an opportunity to purchase after the auction was up...something about my name not showing up on the second offer list. Skeptical. However, my loss your gain. That's how the cookie crumbles. I, too, think these cabochon and stylized gold enamel pieces are Loetz. Mr. T knows my pain on this one.
  3. cogito cogito, 3 years ago
    BTW - can you tell if the cabochons are glass or stone?
  4. MsQ MsQ, 3 years ago
    The cabochons seem to be glass.
  5. cogito cogito, 3 years ago
    Thanks. If you ever part with her, let me have the first shot...she will always be another missed piece in my life. ;)

BTW - I've noticed the same pattern in the cabochon colors and stylized gold enamel work on at least three other pieces with various Loetz decors. I wonder if the additional cabochon and enamel work was done "in house" or farmed out?