Green Coca Cola Sign

In Signs > Tin Signs > Show & Tell and Coca-Cola > Coca Cola Signs > Show & Tell.
Tin Signs161 of 438Safety First....L&M Advertisement Sign

jmcpierce
(1 item)

We bought this sign several years ago and can't find any information on it - we were told it's from the late 50s by the person we bought it from, and it was a test sign. Has anybody ever seen a green Coca Cola sign before or have any info on it? It measures about 40" x. 106"

Comments

1. AnnaJacqueline, 2 years ago
    I have this same exact sign, and was wondering about any information about it as well.
  2. jonima jonima, 2 years ago
    You could contact the Coca Cola Collectors Club. I asked them a question about a sign that I have and they were quick to respond.
  3. jmcpierce, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the info Jonima, I will try the coca cola club. AnnaJacqueline, that is really interesting to hear! We actually contacted the coca cola company and they have no knowledge of this. The person who sold it to us said that it was a test sign from the late 50s. Coca Cola said that from the picture they think it was bleached or altered over time??? Or could have been a manufacturing mistake - it was not an approved sign. Even though it has the official trade mark on it, they would not authenticate it - they said "we don't think it was a test, we have no way of knowing" - what was the story when you bought your sign? Hi AR8 Jason - as you can see we are getting nowhere!
  4. jmcpierce, 2 years ago
    Absolutely - if that was the case, I think there would be a lot more green signs around.
  5. acworthpreacher, 2 years ago
    I also have this same sign, but mine has white scallops on each side, hope to post picture soon. would really like to know value of it, have been offered $300 sight unseen, but feel that is low. I was also told that this sign may possibly be from Canada, I am in North Ga. Interested. I bought it about 12 years ago for $125.