Princess Phone Charm

In Telephones > Princess Telephones > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Pendants > Show & Tell.
Princess Telephones1 of 2unique princess 10 buttonunique princess 10 button

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m likes this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

Hunter

A few years ago my aunt and uncle purchased a house full of stuff - collected over a lifetime by a woman who was an art teacher and traveler, but became a recluse later in life. I got the opportunity to go through the last few boxes of jewelry and clothing after most had been picked over, and still found some amazing things.

This little charm or plastic key fob was in a miscellaneous jewelry box, and I liked the little phone so much I put it on a sterling silver chain to take home. A month or so ago, I rediscovered it, and after having written about the Princess Phone for CW, I realized what I had was probably a promotional item given out around the time of their debut (1959).

On the bottom of the little sea-foam green telephone, it reads "THE PRINCESS PHONE IT's LITTLE, IT's LOVELY, IT LIGHTS" - which was the phone's slogan. I wish it actually lit up! But I love my little princess anyway. :)

Comments

1. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    thanks Bellin! hope all is well in the land of snow :)
  2. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    haha, it's still foggy sometimes - and I'm always missing the cold / hot weather! I'm the only person who likes our rainy days.

Thanks bratjdd, ttomtucker, bellin, and mustangtony for the loves ;)
  3. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    Will do! =)
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    So adorable! Got your email. Formulating a plan : ))
  5. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    Yay Amber! looking forward to it :)

Kevin: that's exactly the kind of fobs I pictured with it - now to get my hands on one of those little license plates! I'll work on the rain, though it's been pretty dry in SF this winter, too.

Thanks again for the loves!
  6. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    That would be great Kevin :) you should have a little package headed your way from CW as well. Let us know when it lands!
  7. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    thanks mark -- we as of the female genetics of the 60s all had our little princess phones -- just as children of today have their cell phones -- lovely keepsake -- hope all is well
  8. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    thanks epson! same to you :)
  9. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    hunter we need a chat room -- with the new re design on cw i did not see that happen -- will keep this short and hopefully sweet

and i love you also
  10. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    thanks epson :) I know - or a private messaging system would also be helpful. Unfortunately I don't have the know-how to make that happen, so we're workign on hiring a full-time developer/engineer that can get projects like those off the ground...if you know any good candidates, send em my way! Hunter