Madonna's Bra, Empty Butterfly, Paste Something or Other

In Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry3636 of 7351Weiss Vintage BroochWhat kind of stone is this????

Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
OneGoodFindOneGoodFind loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
auraaura loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.

katherines…

So some unique pieces on my hands. First photo, a bracelet which when I saw it immediately thought of Madonna's lingerie, lol. It's conical mixed with rhinestones which seemed like a unique combination. The second photo is of a poor little butterfly brooch, alpaca silver made in Mexico, originally was filled with abalone, all gone now -- needs kyratization for sure. The third and fourth photo I'm not sure what it is. Look like paste stones, what the metal is I don't know, short bent pin with nothing at the other end. If anyone has any information to share on these odds and ends, I'd love to hear what you think. I hope you enjoyed seeing these, and thanks for looking.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Katherine - so true - the bra that Jean Paul Gaultier made for Madonna and a post punk bracelet. The butterfly is an open project - will be a great project! And, I have similar rhinestone pin in 3 and 4, also missing rhinestones, ouch. Very fun all!
    2. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Lol! Thought immediatly of Madonna's Gaultier bra!!!
      The butterfly would be striking if you apply my "stones encrusted in polymer clay pie" recipe :-)
    3. racer4four racer4four, 3 years ago
      I love the bracelet but don't go hugging people too hard.
      The butterfly is as Valentino says a wonderful blank canvas.
      Sweet rhinestone brooch too. Don't let the others know my dodgy fix but if I only have one rhinestone missing I just drop coloured nail polish in the hole and when it's dry drop clear glitter polish over that. It works well enough for me (but I am old and partially blind).
    4. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 3 years ago
      Thanks for the love, Newtimes, valentino97, sklo42, mikelv85, kyratango, Efesgirl, vetraio50, aura, and racer4four. :)

Val, thank you, glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that! :)

Kyratango, thanks, see, that Gaultier bra is iconic! I thought of you when I saw this poor little butterfly, wish it could flutter over there for a little of your superb TLC. ;)

Karen, LOL, you are so funny! :))

5. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 3 years ago
      Oh, sorry I forgot to answer, there aren't any rhinestones missing on the brooch, as I guess sometimes happens, antique paste stones darken. :)
    6. OneGoodFind OneGoodFind, 3 years ago
      Haha, LOL
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Yes, I know Gaultier from design school days and of course because he is an amazing designer.
    8. antiquerose antiquerose, 3 years ago
      LOL................I think I can see the resemblance in the first pic.....LOL