jewelry swap with martika

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Lots > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Lots40 of 74Just A Little Bling For The Holidays :^) Enjoy!Amber necklace and egyptian revival necklace

NewfldNewfld loves this.
billretirecollbillretirecoll likes this.
pebblepebble loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
martikamartika loves this.

lentilka11

Part of jewelry swap I did with martika (she is a dear one indeed!!).
    What do you think about the bracelet? to me it does not look like celluloid, too heavy for that
    The rose brooch is Sarah Cov.

logo
    Costume Jewelry Lots
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge  Lot Craft, Junk, Wearable,  Over One Full Pound
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge Lot Cr...
    $25
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge  Lot Craft, Junk, Wearable,  Over One Full Pound
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge Lot Cr...
    $25
    Vintage Jewelry Lot All Signed CROWN TRIFARI KRAMER CORO ART WEST GERMANY MONET
    Vintage Jewelry Lot All Signed CROW...
    $78
    Vintage Mod Jewelry LOT RARE Monet Ram brooch Goldette Callejero Crown Trifari
    Vintage Mod Jewelry LOT RARE Monet ...
    $86
    logo
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge  Lot Craft, Junk, Wearable,  Over One Full Pound
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge Lot Cr...
    $25

Comments

1. martika martika, 5 years ago
      The truth is I don't know anything about plastics. But I'm eager to learn!!! :)
    2. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      I love the owl pendant!
    3. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      Efesgirl, you have keen eye
      martika, check the mail I wrote you, pls
    4. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      Efesgirl, can the owlet be considered as jelly belly?
    5. pebble pebble, 5 years ago
      I absolutely LOVE the malachite brooch at the end!
    6. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      Thank you pebble! That is probably a Miracle brooch, similar one is to be found here:
    7. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 5 years ago
      Is that actually petrified resin in the owl pendent? Looks like an inclusion of an insect, or something, is it sterling?
    8. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 5 years ago
      I like the copper look?, brooch, looks old, nice!
    9. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      no inclusion, could be glass or amber in my opinion (not sure). looks like sterling, the chain is marked sterling on the ring as well
    10. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      billretirecoll, thank you, the copper one is amazing as well!
    11. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 5 years ago
      That's what I meant Amber, couldn't think of that. Just what it is petrified tree pitch/resin. :^)
    12. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Great to be near enough to swap! Exciting pieces :-)

For Jelly Belly, interesting writeup on the CW category:
    13. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      Thank you Kyra!
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      My favorite is the copper brooch, and I love the "miracle" brooch too!

Recently saw a bangle like yours - but I can't find it again online. I think this is fairly new. It was made in homage to bakelite. But, it's not because the white would have oxidized over the years to a mellow ivory or butter. Not Lucite (because dots were usually shiny too, your's is a carved item), not celluloid (too bulky). My guess is resin or acrylic plastic. I wish I could pin it down for you - could be as old as 1960's or brand new. One other thought to confuse you further: ethnic jewelry was so popular starting in the 80's. Horn, bone, carved, dyed, usually a large opening 2-5/8"and larger for the "one size fits all" world we now live in. LOL

And what a FUN swap with martika!
    15. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 5 years ago
      Hey valentino97, you're right the bangle is carved out. I just noticed that under magnification, it does almost look like dyed and carved bone, or something like it. Interesting!
    16. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 years ago
      I love the ( Canadian ) Maple leaf Pin - Is it Sterling?
    17. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      valentino97 - thank you!!! very interesting!!!
    18. lentilka11, 5 years ago
      antiquerose, thank you! The earrings are not sterling. I like them much!!
    19. fleafinder fleafinder, 5 years ago
      wow wonderful to be able to do swops!! good for u guys
    20. lentilka11, 5 years ago