1964 Jefferson Nickel mint error (indentation)

In US Coins > Jefferson Nickels > Show & Tell and US Coins > US Error Coins > Show & Tell.
Jefferson Nickels17 of 391968 s Jefferson Nickle cud error I think?? One sided nickel

CathyzCathyz likes this.
FalldenFallden likes this.
Mcclure1965Mcclure1965 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.

zoomer71

Found this 1964 Jefferson Nickel circulated. What I believe is a mint error could also be someone is one hell of a shot with a pellet gun. So I ask who knows it's hard to believe I would found only one on the planet. Thank you all for your wisdom and Merry Christmas to you and yours!-F.K.S

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Jefferson Nickels
    1945-S Jefferson Silver War Nickel 5c ~ GEM BU Uncirculated ~ LUSTER! US Coin MQ
    1945-S Jefferson Silver War Nickel ...
    $12
    1943-P Jefferson Silver War Nickel ~ GEM BU Uncirculated ~ LUSTER! US Coin MQ
    1943-P Jefferson Silver War Nickel ...
    $12
    1980-1989 S Jefferson Nickel Gem DCam Proof Run 10 Coin Decade Set US Mint Lot
    1980-1989 S Jefferson Nickel Gem DC...
    $12
    2020 W Jefferson Nickel NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo ER White House Core Jefferson Label
    2020 W Jefferson Nickel NGC PF69 Ul...
    $25
    logo
    1945-S Jefferson Silver War Nickel ...
    $12

Comments

1. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 4 years ago
      Sorry to say that happened outside the mint.

T A
    2. Mcclure1965, 4 years ago
      I have one that has the same thing on it and also found a quarter online like it. I believe it's an error
    3. NutfieldHistory NutfieldHistory, 4 years ago
      Definitely shot with a pellet gun like you suggested in your description.
    4. Kjoshus1989 Kjoshus1989, 2 years ago
      I have a Indian head nickel the same way it even has it on the sides of the coin
    5. Kjoshus1989 Kjoshus1989, 2 years ago
      I have a buffalo nickel that's the same way even on the edges

6. mendozacrystan2020, 1 year ago
      I have a 1977 d penny with same markings.. I can't find anything online about it and I'm super curious.
    7. Fallden Fallden, 1 year ago
      Most definitely shot with pellets from either a BB gun or a shotgun with bird shot.
    8. bobby725 bobby725, 1 year ago
      BB gun- look at the date, we had target practice with our bb guns all the time when we were kids. someday I`ll post a penny that my brother put on a railroad track and call it an error coin.
    9. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 1 year ago
      I was thinking BB gun also
      I had an error quarter
      I would show it but I lost it
      That’s the Error
    10. zoomer71 zoomer71, 1 year ago
      That's the common reply the BB/Pellet marksman. I forgot all about it. The smartest man isn't the man with all of the answers. The smartest man asks all of the questions. Thank you all for your input and humor.
    11. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      AdamJalal, this is a Show and Tell site, not a scientific analysis site. Your reference to “mob mentality” and directive to “keep your opinion to yourself” doesn’t fit well with “Show and Tell”.
      Maybe you should consider that.
    12. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 1 year ago
      look at Post
    13. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Thank you, Vynil33rpm, for posting all of your coins with BB marks.
    14. swantique, 8 months ago
      I have a bicentennially Quarter with indentations like this